Busy work schedules, balancing family and work, as well as lack of essential workout equipment. Among others, the latter are the most common things that make most people not to hit the gym as often as they would. However, these setbacks shouldn’t be the main compromise for a healthier lifestyle. Luckily, enough, you don’t need to train for hours or have expensive gym equipment for you to boost your workouts. Surprisingly, simple equipment such as the best ankle weights can make a whole lot of difference in your workout regime.
Ankle weights increase the activity resistance, allowing you to get the best from your workout. This means even if you have only ten minutes to spare, you can tone your muscles as much as a person who workout for hours. The best thing is that they apply to all workouts. Whether you love running, jogging, or inclined to mat exercises, these weights will enable you to burn extra calories and increase your endurance. Even better, they will also assist in physical rehabilitation for people recovering from an injury. Undeniably, these gym accessories will put you in the right direction. Unfortunately, there is a lot more to finding the right ankle weight pair. Luckily, for you, we have done in-depth research to assist you in making the right choice.
List of 10 Best Ankle Weights in 2023
#10. Fit Viva Ankle Weights Set
By: Fit Viva
Get the best out of your workout with this set of ankle weights from Fit Viva. By making your workouts a little bit harder, you can tone your muscles effectively, and build strength. These ankle weights are a perfect pick when speed walking, hiking, as well as doing simple workouts such as mat exercises. With a neoprene construction and padding, this weight prevents skin irritation and absorbs sweat.
Better yet, the set has double stitching that ensures optimal durability even for hardcore trainers. For enhanced versatility, the unit also comes with several weights that you can add gradually to train your muscles. More importantly, they are usable for both feet and arms, allowing you to train both your lower and upper body.
- Versatile design making them ideal for ankles or wrists
- Comes in a durable, user-friendly design
- Double-Strap Velcro Closures
- The weight is adjustable
#9. GYMENIST Pair of Ankle Weights
Build your lean muscles at the same time boosting your cardio routine with the Gymnast GYMENIST ankle weights. These weights add resistance to various workouts such as workout, running to stretching making them more challenging. By so doing, they hasten the process of toning your muscle and improve your flexibility.
Mediocre products result in poor performance. Luckily, this unit is designed to deliver reliable service for years. It is crafted from stretchy, breathable, and soft neoprene material. This fabric is also super durable and moisture-wicking. Besides, it comes with adjustable weights that provide an equal amount of resistance for your arms or feet.
- The package includes two ankle wraps and 20 metals stacks each weighing 0.55LB
- Made from soft, comfortable and durable materials
- Simple to adjust for a secure closure
- Adjustable weight enables you to select your desired weight
#8. Fitnessery Ankle Weights
If you are just starting your workout routine and expect to get optimal results in a quick period, then the Fitnessery ankle weight is a great starting point. With 1Lbs each, you get a total of 2 pounds resistance, which is great for beginners. What we love about this model is that it provides you with four weights each weighing 0.5lbs. This enables you to start with 0.5 lbs and work your way up.
More to providing you with the adjustable weight, this set comes with everything you need to get started. You will also get easy to follow guide that enables you to tone your muscles in no time. As expected, the weights are usable for both your hands and feet and are made from breathable, durable neoprene materials.
- The pair consists of 1LB ankle weights
- Includes free eBook to help you get started
- Extra-long weights with versatile straps and Velcro
- Also includes a storage bag
#7. All-Pro Adjustable Ankle Weights
By: All Pro
Made for real fitness enthusiasts, this set consists of two five-pound weights for each of your legs, bringing a total of 10 pounds. This is enough resistance for avid workout enthusiast as well as people working to become pros. Athletes, bodybuilders, gymnastics, and any other person looking for above-average will benefit from this weight. Be as it may the weights are adjustable so you can work your way up gradually.
As any athlete can attest, these ankle weights are designed to push you to your limit. This means even if you only have a few minutes to work out daily, it will maximize the output. Additionally, the set is solidly built to deliver a service you can trust for years.
- It has 0.5LB increments for gradual stamina building
- Features extra padding for enhanced comfort
- Includes four solid iron weights
- Made from sweat-resistant and durable materials
#6. CAP Barbell HHA-CB020A1 20LB Ankle Weights
By: CAP Barbell
With regular use, the CAP Barbell ankle weights are designed to effectively shape and tone your muscles. They deliver impressive resistance of 20Lbs with each unit having 10lbs each. Obviously, this isn’t for beginners. However, the fun part is that the weights are adjustable. Therefore, if you are serious and want to go pro, this is a perfect pick.
Another main selling feature is that these weights can be worn anywhere. Whether you train at home, at the gym, or love running outdoors, this model meets your needs. To ensure a secure fit, this unit comes with an adjustable loop and hook closure that ensures a secure fir even when using all the weights.
- 10Lbs each, with a total of 20Lbs
- One size fits all design
- Builds stamina and tone your legs
- The external pockets enable you to adjust the weight
#5. Empower Ankle And Wrist Weights
Featuring a set of two weights with each model weighing about four pounds each, the empower wrist and ankle weights are easily adjustable to meet your need. They are also practical to use when undertaking various activities. This set is specially designed for women and practically targets all the major muscle groups. Their total resistance is 8 pounds so you can train without putting too much pressure on your ankles.
In addition to the customizable weights, the weights come with a double Velcro, D ring closure system. This ensures a secure fit on your both hands and legs. Equally, they are made from non-abrasive, well-padded, and durable materials that ensure absolute comfort.
- 8pounds Ankle and Wrist Weights
- Comes with 1pound increments
- Made from soft, stretchy neoprene material
- Includes eight cast-iron weights
#4. HEALTHYMODELLIFE Ankle Weights
Comfortable, effective, and compact, the Healthy Model life ankle weights are a perfect choice for individuals who are looking to get the most out of their workouts. With these weights, you can also maximize your time and build strength effectively. These versatile weights will also help you built your stability and more.
From beginners to enthusiast trainers, one thing that stands out is that the weights come in at various weight levels that meet your needs. They are also adjustable to help you train your muscles gradually. Also important, these weights can also be used as wrist weights, allowing you to tone both your lower and upper body.
- Equipped with super-strong Velcro closures
- Will not slip due to perspiration
- Made from soft, durable materials
- Easy to clean with a cloth
#3. Nordic Lifting Ankle and Wrist Weights
By: Nordic Lifting
Perfect for Men, women, and kids, the Nordic lifting weights are the ideal choice for your family. The set is ideal for rehabilitation exercises and adds resistance to various group muscles, allowing you to build your lower and upper body strength. Whether you are heading out for a jog or cross-training, these weights will serve your needs.
While in most reviews you will see that they are inclined towards women, we love the varied weight levels, which will benefit not only women but also anyone regardless of their age, or fitness levels. They also double as wrist weights, which will enable you, train both your lower and upper body. What’s more, the ergonomic design wades off any pains and aches.
- Crafted from premium quality Neoprene material that is double stitched
- A versatile design that provides extra comfort and fit
- Has a reflective trim for enhanced safety while running outdoors
- Comfortable and durable for jogging and walking
#2. REEHUT Durable Ankle/Wrist Weights
The REEHUT wrist and ankle weights are also other perfect choices for people who are in the early stages of their fitness journeys as well as people looking to perfect their art. The set comes with weights of 0.5pounds weights that are adjustable to reach four on each leg/arm. As the title can attest, these weights are ideal for toning both your upper and lower body.
Different from other models, they are made from mercerized cotton, which is breathable and soft. This enables you to work out for longer and reach your goals. Equally important, they come with superior closure that ensures optimal adjustability and balance on your feet or arms.
- Made from mercerized cotton that is soft and breathable
- The elongated design provides a smooth convergence for enhanced comfort
- It features a metal D ring and an adjustable Velcro closure
- Comes with 4 cast iron weights
#1. BalanceFrom GoFit Fully Adjustable Ankle Weights
It is our norm to save the best product for the last. Pairing the best construction, versatility, ease of use, and functionality, the BalanceFrom Go fit ankle weight is an effective solution for any gender, age, and fitness levels. These weights will do much more than strengthening your muscles. They also burn your fat, boost your cardiovascular muscles, and improve your endurance, flexibility, and balance.
The set adds a new whole lot of difficulty to your workout and ultimately enables you to achieve your results in no time. It goes without saying; this unit is crafted from the durable materials to ensure reliability and efficiency. Moreover, the advanced closure system will ensure a customized fit for not only your hands but also your arms.
- Comes with secure Velcro fasteners
- Made from neoprene materials with reinforced stitching
- Fully adjustable to fit your ankle or wrist
- Comes with different weight levels to suit your needs
The Best Ankle Weights | Buyer’s Guide
If you’re the first time to use the ankle weight, there are a few tips that streamline your purchasing decision. As with any other workout equipment, there are certain features that you need to look out for. Below are some of the crucial tips that set you in the right direction.
- Adjustable and maximum weight limit: As you can tell from the above-reviewed models, these models come with different weight ranges. Besides, this is for a good reason. Ultimately, beginners can’t compete with hardcore bodybuilders or marathon athletes. Be sure to check the weight limit to enable you to pick the model that meets your needs.
- Construction materials: The construction materials also determine its durability and user comfort. Here we recommend going for models that are made from high-end materials. Cotton, neoprene and breathable polyether make a great choice. Besides the fabric, ensure that the unit comes with a versatile closure and weights that are made from solid materials.
- Versatility and ease of use: Versatility here refers to the muscle group muscles that you are targeting. For the best results, it is crucial to ensure that you target both your upper body and lower body muscles. With that being said, ensure that the weight can be used interchangeably on your hands and feet. More importantly, pick models that are well padded for enhanced comfort and ease of use.
Ankle weights have been used for quite some time now to increase the intensity of the workouts. This results in efficiency in burning extra calories and improved muscle toning. The above-reviewed ankle weights have the best ratings and most positive customer feedback meaning that they work perfectly to reach their goals. Pick any one of them and cut down your time and energy that you need to achieve your fitness goals. All the best!
Leave a Reply