For your lawn to look green all the time, many will think that nature takes responsibility all the time. Well, that’s true, but nature needs a helping hand to keep your lawn evergreen. For your lawn to stay lush green all the time, you have to feed it with fertilizer on regular basis. Unfortunately, using fertilizers excessively can cause damage to your lawn while on the other hand applying fertilizer will not give you good results. The best way to do this is by buying a fertilizer spreader.
This is a versatile tool that any lawn owner needs to possess. It allows you to put down seeds, sand, manure, compost, fertilizer, lime, or salt accurately. Spreading fertilizer can be a tough task if you don’t have a good spreader. With the guide below, you will discover the features of spreaders, criteria used when choosing the best, functionality, pros, and cons of each model.
List of 10 Best Fertilizer Spreaders in 2021
- List of 10 Best Fertilizer Spreaders in 2021
- #10. Turf Builder EdgeGuard Spreader
- #9. Yard Commander 125LB Walk behind Spreader
- #8. Universal Spreader, 100Lb Capacity
- #7. Craftsman 110-lb Tow Broadcast Spreader
- #6. Precision Products 75LB Broadcast Spreader
- #5. Chapin International 150-Pound Spreader
- #4. Earthway 40lb. Broadcast Spreader
- #3. Agri-Fab 175-Pound Fertilizer Spreader
- #2. Brinly, Black Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader
- #1. Scotts Elite Spreader
- Things to Consider when Choosing a Fertilizer Spreader
#10. Turf Builder EdgeGuard Spreader
This spreader comes fully-assembled with a convenient handle that folds down for easy storage. It is built with a compact and lightweight design that allows you to push it with ease and store it in compact areas.
Furthermore, the spreader features a unique technology that helps to keep the spreader off driveways, landscaping, and sidewalks. It is ideal for treating smaller areas and it holds up to 5000 square feet of Scotts lawn products.
- Comes fully assembled
- Built with a compact and lightweight design
- Equipped with a fold-down handle for easy storage
- Perfect for treating smaller areas
- It holds up to 5000 square feet
#9. Yard Commander 125LB Walk behind Spreader
Yard commander spreader is a heavy-duty product that can up to 125lbs and it makes your work easy. It is equipped with 2 heavy-duty wheels that enable you to do your work smoothly even on tough terrains. Besides, it has a rust-resistant powder coat finish that increases durability.
It has a large capacity 60-liter hopper that keeps your projects moving with precision and longevity. The speed rate on the handles allows you to control the spreading tasks easily and you can spread at widths of 10-12 feet. This spreader is constructed from stainless steel hardware and polyethylene hopper that is corrosion resistant.
- Heavy-duty spreader that holds up to 125lbs
- Features a rust-resistant powder coat finish
- Equipped with 14-inch pneumatic tires for easy movement on all terrains
- Constructed from stainless steel hardware
- Features a 60-liter hopper
- Spreads at widths of 10-12 feet
#8. Universal Spreader, 100Lb Capacity
The spreader features 2 heavy-duty handles that allow you to push the spreader with ease on all working terrains. It is equipped with 2 heavy-duty tires that allow you to cover a large area and they built with a non-slip design for easy movement of wet grass. Furthermore, it is a large capacity spreader that holds up to 100lb, making it best for covering small areas.
It has a steel welded frame that is heavy-duty and this makes the spreader best for residential and light commercial application. This spreader is equipped with a 3-flap adjustable deflector that helps to control the spread pattern and the rear deflector helps to protector’s feet.
- Equipped with 13” pneumatic tires
- It has 2 sturdy handles for easy control
- Wheels are built with a non-slip design for easy movement
- Large capacity spreader that holds up to 100lb
- Features a steel welded frame
- Equipped with a 3-flap adjustable deflector that controls the spread pattern
- Rear deflector protects the user’s feet
#7. Craftsman 110-lb Tow Broadcast Spreader
With this a spreader, doing your tasks will be easy because it is built with a simple to use design. It is made of heavy-duty steel construction that allows you to use it on different terrains. Additionally, it has 10-inch large and strong pneumatic tires that provide you with smooth rides on all garden surfaces.
It is equipped with a universal hitch that attaches with ease to all tractors. This is a large capacity spreader that holds 110lb and can cover up to 10ft spread width in broadcast pattern.
- Features a rustproof poly hopper and spread plate for durability
- It has heavy-duty steel gear for longevity
- Equipped with 10-inch large and strong pneumatic wheels
- Features a universal hitch that attaches to all tractors
- Holds up to 110lb and covers up to 10ft spread width
#6. Precision Products 75LB Broadcast Spreader
The spreader has a steel tube frame and heavy-duty plastic hopper that enables the spreader to withstand tough treatments and conditions. This spreader is ideal for seeding applications and home fertilizing. It is a 50-pound capacity fertilizer spreader that covers 8-10ft spread pattern.
The spreader features a rain cover that helps to protect the fertilizer from water in case you are working in a cold environment. It is equipped with heavy-duty pneumatic tires that allow you to have smooth rides. Furthermore, it has a U-shaped handle with comfortable grips that ease the strain on your hands. It features a convenient fingertip cable control that opens and shuts off the spreader or you can use it to make spread pattern adjustments.
- It is made of steel tube frame and heavy-duty plastic hopper
- 50-pound capacity spreader and covers 8-10ft spread pattern.
- Features a rain cover and strong pneumatic tires
- Equipped with a U-shaped handle to ease use
- It has a fingertip cable control for easy on/off switching
#5. Chapin International 150-Pound Spreader
This is a 150-pound high capacity tow-behind spreader that allows you to do all your applications easily. It is equipped with bronze bearings that help to minimize friction on the axle and gearbox. Besides, it has easy to set gate adjustments with 11 increment settings that enhance accurate use.
It features wide tread 14” tires that allow you to use the spreader on all terrains. This spreader has an auto-stop dual impeller that helps to prevent spreading when not in motion.
- 150-pound tow-behind spreader
- Equipped with bronze bearings friction on gearbox and axle
- Features easy to set gate adjustments with 11 increment settings
- It has 14” wide tread tires
- Auto-stop dial impeller prevents spreading when not in motion
#4. Earthway 40lb. Broadcast Spreader
You can adjust the drop rate of the fertilizer or seed so that it can accommodate narrow sections of lawn. Unlike most broadcast spreaders that block, this spreader is hard to block even when used damp or moist conditions.
It has a powder-coated T-shaped handle that allows you to control with spreader with ease. The spreader features wide tires and heavy-duty frame that enhances even weight distribution when in operation. With the strong pneumatic tires, you can use it on an incline or an uneven turf without going flat. It has a 40lb rustproof poly hopper that offers a lower profile to keep out of the way in confined areas.
- It has a powder-coated T-shaped handle
- Features wide tires and heavy-duty frame
- Equipped with a 40lb rustproof poly hopper
#3. Agri-Fab 175-Pound Fertilizer Spreader
The spreader has an on/off control that you can reach with ease from the seat of your tractor. It is equipped with smooth-rolling tires that allow you to move comfortably on all terrains. Besides, it is a large capacity 175lb spreader that holds enough granules for 40,000 square feet, which is about 1 acre.
It is equipped with a universal hitch that attaches with ease to all tractors. The spreader comes with an easy to understand video that allows you to do assembly work fast. Furthermore, it has a galvanized steel agitator for added durability.
- It has a rustproof poly hopper that increases product life
- 42-inch controlled spread width
- Equipped with a galvanized steel agitator that improves durability
- Spreads up to 40,000 square feet
- Hopper capacity is 175lb
#2. Brinly, Black Tow-Behind Broadcast Spreader
It is equipped with easy-to-reach calibration controls with a setting lock dial and calibrated settings to ensure more accuracy. This is a versatile tow-behind spreader that is perfect for spreading fertilizer, salt, ice melt, or grass seed. Besides, it has a universal attachment that allows you to hook up to most tractors, riding mower or any ZTR mower.
It is built of rustproof and durable polyurethane that can withstand even the high corrosive fertilizers for long. The spreader features a clear-top hopper cover with on/off elastic straps that keeps moisture and dust out of the granules. With the patented auto flow technology that stops fertilizer from spreading when the tractor stops.
- Equipped with easy-to-reach calibration controls
- Versatile tow-behind spreader
- Features a universal attachment for hooking to most tractors and mowers
- Built of a rustproof and durable polyurethane
- It has a clear-top hopper cover
- Equipped with a patented auto flow technology
#1. Scotts Elite Spreader
This spreader has a dual rotor technology that provides better accuracy and a spread pattern of up to 6ft to cover a large area and save more time. The spreader holds up to 20,000 square feet of lawn product and it is perfect for salt, ice melt, seed, and fertilizer. It features 2 strong tires that are reliable for use on all terrains and weather conditions.
Besides, it has an ergonomic handle with a smartphone holder to allow you to control the spreader easily. Assembling the spreader will take you minutes because it is built with a simple design.
- It has an ergonomic handle with a smartphone holder
- Equipped with dual rotors for exceptional accuracy
- Features flat-free tires that conquer any terrain
- It holds up to 20,000 square feet of granules
Everyone wants to keep his lawn growing well, healthy, and vibrant. To achieve this, you need to do pest and weed control tasks on a regular basis. If you want to improve your lawn, you can rely on one of the spreaders in the guide above. They are efficient in performance, good in quality, easy to use, and they have a good value for your money.