If you are a beginner in metal detection or you want to take your skills to another level, there are plenty of options. Currently, like all types of metals are worth and most people search for metals during their free time or do it as a profession. However, the task of detecting metals can become hard if you are using a detector that is not of good quality. A good detector should go deep down underneath without experiencing sensitivity problems.
Besides, if you are looking for a specific metal, it should be able to discriminate over other metals to help you save time and effort. Therefore, our guide below has the best metal detectors, and am sure you will find a model that will work for you.
List of 10 Best Metal Detectors in 2020
- List of 10 Best Metal Detectors in 2020
- #10. Minelap 3720-0002 Metal Detector
- #9. Garett AT Pro Metal Detector
- #8. OMMO Metal Detector
- #7. Fisher F22 Weatherproof Metal Detector
- #6. RM RICOMAX Professional Metal Detector
- #5. Garett ACE Metal Detector
- #4. Metal Detector, 3 Modes Adjustable
- #3. NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Junior Metal Detector
- #2. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector
- #1. Bounty Hunter TK4 Metal Detector
- Things to Consider when Choosing a Metal Detector
#10. Minelap 3720-0002 Metal Detector
The metal detector comes with custom search profiles that help you save your best setting in each mode. Our metal detector has a fast recovery speed and accurate target ID to deliver more efficiency. Furthermore, it has a wide range of single frequencies that help you get more control of the audio with the advanced settings.
Equinox metal detector is waterproof, making it great for detecting metals at the beach, lakes, streams, and rivers. It operates single frequency levels of 20kHz, 40kHz, or multi to help detect metals in mineralized soils. In addition, it is built with heavy-duty construction that enables it to resist corrosion and rusting.
- It fully immersible
- Operates single frequency levels of 20kHz, 40kHz
- It is rust and corrosion resistant
- Features a wide range of single frequencies
- Has accurate target ID and fast recovery speed
#9. Garett AT Pro Metal Detector
Garett AT Pro is designed to be fully submersible up to 10ft underwater and it comes with a waterproof jack connector and cable. It features a large digital screen that shows the sensitivity level, battery status, operation mode, and metal detected to make your task simple. Furthermore, it is built with a simple design that makes it a great choice for beginners and professional detectors.
The metal detector comes with installed batteries that provide you with hours of operation. With the ground manual balance, you can fine-tune the detector for soil conditions that get noisy. Other than that, it has an integrated PinPoint feature that helps to pinpoint the metal’s exact location.
- Suitable for fresh or salt waters
- It has a large LCD screen for convenience
- Perfect for beginner and professional detectors
- Has a PinPoint feature that helps you save time
- Features ground manual balance
- It is submersible up to 10ft underwater
#8. OMMO Metal Detector
This metal detector has a diameter coil of 10 inches that provides more sensitivity to help you detect metals efficiently and save time. It boasts a waterproof construction that allows you to detect metals underwater, and it is suitable for outdoors, like stream, beach, and yard. Besides, it is fitted with 3 distinct modes that offer you more optimization in detecting metals.
With the built-in LCD display, you can have more accuracy and convenience, where you can easily see the sensitivity level, detection mode, volume level, and battery status. It has an adjustable step stem from 30” to 41”, making it perfect for adults and kids. Our metal detector has an armrest design that saves you effort, and gives you much comfort and saves your time.
- It comes with a spacious and convenient carrying bag
- Features a 10” diameter coil for more sensitivity
- Made with a waterproof construction
- Fitted with distinct operation modes
- Has a built-in LCD display for simple operation
- Features an adjustable stem from 30” to 41”
#7. Fisher F22 Weatherproof Metal Detector
This device has a fast recovery speed and it comes with 10 sensitivity levels that make your detecting task convenient. It is built with a lightweight design, where it weighs 2.3lbs only, allowing you to carry it hassle-free even for long distances. Our metal detector has an ultimate underground detection length of 9” depending on the type of soil.
It has several preset modes from artefacts, jewelry, custom, and coin modes, where the settings are very useful if you are a starter. Our metal detector comes with a digital screen that allows you to see what you are detecting and other functions. The metal detector is built to operate on 2AA batteries that provide you with 25 to 30 hours of operation.
- It is a weather-proof all-metal detector ‘
- Features a fast recovery speed
- Comes with 10 sensitivity levels
- Weighs 2.3lbs to ease carrying
- Features a maximum underground detection depth of 9”
- Comes with a digital screen and operates on 2AA batteries
#6. RM RICOMAX Professional Metal Detector
By: RM RICOMAX
Our metal detector is fitted with 3 distinct modes that allow you to detect metal in minutes. It has an all-metal mode that notifies when it sees metal, disc mode discriminates other metals to give you a specific metal, and the pinpoint mode detects metals by beeping. In addition, it has a waterproof rating of IP68 and has a 10” search coil shielded with plastic.
It has a bigger LCD display that allows you to have more convenience when searching for metals, and the nine brightness settings allow you to use it in different types of solutions. The screen has a dimension of 48 by 10 by 10 inches, and it weighs 2.31lbs. Moreover, it has a 3.5mm headset jack that you can use with conventional headsets.
- Fitted with 3 distinct modes
- Waterproof IP68 rated
- Features a large LCD display for user convenience
- It has a 3.5mm headset jack
- Lightweight detector, weighing only 2.31lbs
#5. Garett ACE Metal Detector
This is a quality metal detector that comes with a submersible search coil that allows you to search metals in both wet and dry surfaces. It has a simple stow headphone jack that allows you to work comfortably in noisy environments.
It is fitted with five search modes for depth adjustments, eight sensitivity, coin depth indicator, and digital target ID. The metal detector features a lightweight and portable design that allows you to carry it hassle-free. In addition, it has multiple features that make it outstanding it will give you the utmost results when searching for metals.
- It is fitted with a large LCD display
- Comes with comfortable to use headphones
- Features a 7” by 10” search coil cover
- It comes with a submersible search coil
- Fitted with five search modes
#4. Metal Detector, 3 Modes Adjustable
It has an adjustable stem that adjusts from 24” to 45” so that it can adapt to users of different heights, and the armrest design helps you save more effort. Besides, it has a 7.8” diameter search coil and the stem allows you to use metal explore underwater.
It adopts a 3.5mm headphone jack that allows you to connect with a headphone, giving you the convenience to use it in a noisy environment. This metal detector features a large LCD screen that displays different detecting depths, overload warning, operating mode, battery status, and the sensitivity level.
Furthermore, it has 3 high-accuracy audio tones that help to distinguish different metals and the disc modes will help to improve the detecting efficiency.
- Comes with a user manual and a carrying bag
- Equipped with 3 audio tones that are accurate
- Features a large LCD screen
- Adopts a 3.5mm headphone jack
- It has a 7.8” diameter search coil and stem
- Stem adjusts from 24 to 45 inches
#3. NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Junior Metal Detector
By: NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC
Our metal detector comes with a user guide that shows you how coils work to find the underground metals and many more. The metal detector weighs 1.4lbs, and with the arm support removed and coil folded, it measures 24” and it can extend up to 39” long. Furthermore, it has a telescoping arm that gives length adjustment while the included arm strap and comfortable grip make it simple to use.
It has a 7.5” waterproof coil with adjustable sensitivity to help prevent false detection. Anytime metal is located, the detector beeps and the LED lights flashes on. Our detector has a detecting length of up to 6 inches deep for smaller coins and 1ft depth for larger metals.
- It runs on 3AAA batteries
- Comes with a user guide for simple operation
- It is lightweight, weighing 1.4lbs only
- Features an adjustable arm and an included arm strap
- Has a 7.5” waterproof coil
- It has a detecting length of up to 6” deep
#2. Bounty Hunter Metal Detector
By: Bounty Hunter
Our metal detector can be used anywhere to help search for valuable metals from iron relics to gold coins. It has a trash elimination control and motion all-metal mode that helps to discriminate against other metals and detect the only metal you need. Moreover, it can identify coin-size objects of up to 6” deep underground and it can sense large coins up to 2 feet deep.
It comes with headphones that support private searches in crowded places without being affected by the noise. The metal detector is made from a material that is resistant to corrosion and rusting, making it ideal for both fresh and salt waters. In addition, it has a 6” weather-resistant coil that allows you to detect all metals from gold, silver, aluminum, iron, brass, and steel.
- Comes with headphones for noise reduction
- Made of corrosion-free and rust-resistant materials
- Features a 6” weather-resistant coil
- Identifies coins of up to 6ft and large coins of up to 2ft deep
- Equipped with a trash elimination control
#1. Bounty Hunter TK4 Metal Detector
By: Bounty Hunter
It is a rugged metal detector that is perfect for detecting treasure even in extreme ground conditions and it has a high sensitivity level. The detector has a disc/notch control that helps to distinguish between the wanted and the unwanted targets. This kind of discrimination helps you save more time and effort.
The device has a 6.7 kHz operating frequency and it has a preset ground balance that helps to neutralize the response to mineral content in the ground. It is designed to detect coin-sizes of up 6” deep and larger targets of up to 2 feet deep. You can use it to detect metals such as brass, aluminum, silver, gold, iron, and steel.
- It comes with 1/4” headphone jack
- Equipped with 3 modes of operation
- Features an 8” waterproof coil
- It is lightweight, weighing 4.2lbs
- Operated by 2 9V alkaline batteries
- Operates at a frequency of 6.7 kHz
Choosing a metal detector is not that simple, especially when you are a beginner. With a wide range of prices, materials, and models available, you will come across a model that will work for you. If you are a beginner, stick to the entry-level models as they are simple to use. Whatever your budget or needs are, I bet you have found a perfect model from our guide.