A pen scanner is one of the modern pieces of technology that helps to scan handwritten or machine printed text and images. Pen scanners have an Optical Character Recognition technology (OCR) that converts the scanned data into encoded data making it easy to edit. Others have a text-to-speech technology that helps people with reading disabilities like dyslexia.
The scanner should scan any text and identify characters accurately. You can find difficulties when selecting a pen scanner because they are many in the market. Therefore, I have compiled for you the best pen scanners on the market that will help choose a perfect scanner that will suit your needs.
List of Best Pen Scanners in 2022
- List of Best Pen Scanners in 2022
- #10. Unitech MS-100-NUCBOO-SG Pen Scanner
- #9. [ UPGADE2.0 ] Portable Wireless Document Scanner
- #8. Penpower pen Scanner and PC and Mac Translator
- #7. C-Pen Exam Reader
- #6. IRISPen Air 7 Wireless Digital Pen Scanner
- #5. Ectaco C-Pen 3.0 Handheld Scanner
- #4. Wizcom WRP2 ReadingPen Scanning Pen
- #3. PenPower WorldPenScan X
- #2. C-Pen Reader
- #1. Scanmarker Air Pen scanner
- Things to Consider when Buying a Pen Scanner
#10. Unitech MS-100-NUCBOO-SG Pen Scanner
This is a pen barcode scanner built with a portable and lightweight design that enables you to carry it everywhere and enhance easy operation. It is an ergonomic and compact device that is suited for low-volume applications. Besides, this wand barcode scanner offers the best form factor for your applications.
Unitech pen scanner is the best when it comes to pricing because it has a price that will suit your tight budget. It is designed in a way that it can scan all the common ID barcodes. Has a quality cord with a generous length to increase flexibility. Finally, it scanner comes with steps for setup where you will not require drives for installation.
- Built with a portable and lightweight design
- Suited for low-volume applications
- Designed to scan all common ID barcodes
- Equipped with a cord with good length
- No drivers are required for installation
- Features multiple interface options.
#9. [ UPGADE2.0 ] Portable Wireless Document Scanner
This is a portable and small scanner that you can use to scan documents where you can carry it conveniently in your handbag or bag. The portable scanner will allow you to show characters and image of the document in your computer with high resolution in two seconds. Besides, this is a wireless cordless scanner that is easy to set up, operate, and moves slowly over your document for complete scanning.
You can set the format and resolution by pressing the DPI button to select high, middle, and low resolution. It is equipped with an auto power-off function that turns the device off after 3 minutes with no operation. Has an A4 color image sensor that can be used to restore large photos.
Furthermore, this scanner is powered by a durable battery that offers you a smooth operation. It has a wide range of applications where you can use it in business, office, law, study, teaching, and it is perfect for businesspersons, employers, and students to scan documents easily.
- Wireless cordless scanner
- Has a DPI button for setting resolutions
- Features an auto-off function
- Powered by a durable and energy efficient battery
- Made with a portable and compact design.
#8. Penpower pen Scanner and PC and Mac Translator
With this scanner, you can horizontal or vertical documents in seconds without typing any word. You can edit the scanned data directly in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, browsers, and Outlook. Besides, this pen scanner is designed in a way that it can scan and translate a wide range of languages like Arabic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, German, Chinese, English, and French for business applications or learning.
The scanner can check pronunciation, extended queries in the dictionary, and vocabulary. With this scanner, you can extract texts from screenshots and send the text to different applications where you can also translate the digitized text into many languages. You can find book details and reviews on Google books by scanning the ISBN texts.
- It scans horizontal and vertical documents in seconds
- Scans and translates nearly 200 languages
- Checks pronunciation and vocabulary
- Great translator for Windows PC and Mac.
#7. C-Pen Exam Reader
This is a pocket-sized device that reads out the text around with a clear and audible human-like voice. Using this reader is easy where you pass the nib across a line or document, and the pen reads the text back clearly. It charges via an included micro-USB port and an included cable to prevent the need of batteries.
The device enables students with dyslexia or other reading disorders to take written exams for easy reading and understanding. Besides, the package includes a reader pen USB cable, carrying case, earbuds, and instruction manual. You can use it to read French, German, Italian, English, and Spanish, where you will understand easily because the sound is audible and clear.
- It is available in a set of 10 pens
- Has high quality and naturally speaking voice
- Uses a micro-USB connector for charging
- Features a 3.5mm connector for your headphones
- Built with a lightweight design
- Ideal for Spanish, German, Italian, Spanish, English, Chinese languages.
#6. IRISPen Air 7 Wireless Digital Pen Scanner
By: IRIS USA, Inc.
IRISPen digital scanner has a wireless Bluetooth connectivity that makes it compatible with MAC, PC, Android devices, and IOS. It is powered by a rechargeable and energy efficient battery with long battery life. This is scanner has a wide range of scanning ability where it can scan up to 130+ languages.
It is built to scan text on magazines, letters, newspapers, faxes, books, or documents in a binder. Besides, it very lightweight and compact where it weighs 9 ounces, and this enables you to store it in a pencil box and carry it wherever you go. The scanner has s text-speech technology that turns the scanned text to audio for easy listening, and this makes it best for people with reading disabilities.
- Has a wireless Bluetooth connectivity
- Powered by a rechargeable battery
- It can scan up to 130+ languages
- Weighs 9 ounces for easy handling and carrying
- Equipped with a text-speech technology that reads loud and translates clearly.
#5. Ectaco C-Pen 3.0 Handheld Scanner
You can use the Ectaco C-pen scanner to scan data from any surface directly into standard applications on your computer. It has a wide range of language recognition where it can scan and translate Greek, Latin, or Cyrillic characters. This pen is USB-connected and must be connected to a computer for ultimate performance.
Furthermore, the pen works with text-speech applications, translation software, and internet banking. The pen is easy to use where it is powered by your computer to keep the battery power at peak for smooth operation. This is a time saver where it can scan up to 15cm/second.
- It is USB-connected and powered
- Works with MAC, Windows XP, and later
- Recognizes over 180 languages
- Scans up to 15 centimeters/second
- It scans data from any surface.
#4. Wizcom WRP2 ReadingPen Scanning Pen
The scanning pen enables you to scan texts and documents in minutes where you scan a word, and the pen will read the word. It has included earbuds that help to add privacy in case you are in a library or a trafficked area. Additionally, the pen provides definitions and important information from Thesaurus and dictionaries.
The pen is easy to use where adults of 10 years and above can use it. You will require 2 AAA batteries that will help enable the pen to scan smoothly. It is used by many schools to help dyslexic and non-dyslexic students and some agencies to help workers with reading disabilities. This portable scanning device helps to improve your reading skills and comprehension by providing definitions for scanned text.
- Has included earbuds for privacy
- Can be used by adults of 10 years and above
- It is built with a portable design
- Provides clear and audible audio
- Has a bright screen that shows syllabication.
#3. PenPower WorldPenScan X
PenPower WorldPenScan pen scanner has a wireless Bluetooth feature that connects to Mac and mobile devices. This is scanner recognizes languages like French, English, Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, and many other languages on mobile devices. It can scan data in multiple languages on Mac, Windows PC, and mobile devices where it can also edit scanned data in PowewrPoint, Excel, Word, Browsers, E-mails, and iWork.
Besides, it very lightweight and compact where you can carry it with easily and use it anywhere. This is a device that comes at an affordable that will suit your budget needs.
- Has a wireless Bluetooth feature for connecting to mobile devices
- It recognizes a wide range of languages
- Built with a compact and lightweight design
- Scans text from any surface in seconds.
#2. C-Pen Reader
Using this reader is easy where you pass the nib across a line or document, and the pen reads the text back clearly. You can use it to read French, German, Italian, English, and Spanish, where you will understand easily because the sound is audible and clear. Besides, the package includes a reader pen USB cable, carrying case, earbuds, and instruction manual.
The device enables students with reading disorders to take written exams and understand easily. It is a scanner that captures lines of a text and uploads to a PC or Mac. You can download the data to computer via USB with additional software required. Finally, a pocket-sized device reads out the text around with a clear and audible human-like voice.
- Pocket-sized device for portability
- Has included earbuds for privacy
- Equipped with a carry case
- Features a USB cable for fast data transfer
- Has a built-in voice recorder with playback mode.
#1. Scanmarker Air Pen scanner
With this pen scanner, you create summaries faster than ever by just sliding the handheld scanner across the text and watch it appear on the screen. It is suited for students and professionals in the office, library, and many other places because it is fast and accurate. The scanner edits, reads aloud and translates on smartphones, computers, tablets where it is also compatible with Windows desktop, Mac and Android devices.
Besides, it is portable and convenient to use scanner that connects to your devices via Bluetooth easily. It has an in-built battery that is rechargeable via USB to allow you to use the scanner wherever you go.
- It provides accurate and reliable data
- Compatible with Mac, Windows desktop and Android devices
- Built with a portable and convenient design
- Has a built-in battery rechargeable via USB
- Comes with a soft carry case and USB cable.
If you are a student or businessperson, who needs to summarize your notes easily, choose a pen scanner. A pen scanner can help people with dyslexia and other reading problems. With the guide above, choosing a pen scanner will be easy because it has everything you need.