Playing is one of the important things children and teenagers do to keep themselves busy or for fun. There are many sports and exercises and sports that kids undertake, but some require one to be careful and have the right gear. For instance, activities such as skateboarding, skating, riding, cycling, and biking are extreme activities that require adult supervision.
Luckily, with a pair of protective gear set, your kid’s security, comfort, and confidence is guaranteed. They are built with quality materials that allow your kid to play with more confidence even in extreme sports. In our guide below, we have a guide with the best protective gear for kids that will give your kids maximum safety.
List of Best Protective Gear for Kids in 2023
#10. GEQID adult/Youth or Kids Knee Pads
This is a protective gear for adults, teenagers, and children to provide them with ultimate protection when playing various sports. It has good wearing comfort, adjustability, impact resistance, and it can be used for different sports.
The gear set consists of a soft EVA pad, hard PE, and two protective layers which provide enough protection and wear resistance. You can wear these knee pads with sleeves or bandages, where the belt is elastic and stays firm all the time. Furthermore, there are 3 sizes for gear pads: 2 knee pads, 3 wrist guards, and 2 elbow pads.
Overall, wearing this gear when skateboarding or skating not only provides ultimate safety, but it provides you enough confidence to challenge yourself anywhere. Moreover, it is a standard gear that can be worn by both beginner and professional athletes.
- The set includes; wrist pads, elbow pads, and knee pads
- Made of PE plastic, polyester, and PE foam
- Features an elastic belt that holds firmly
- Suitable for a wide range of sports
- Great gear for professional and beginner athletes
- It can be used for a wide range of sports
- The gear is adjustable, comfortable to wear, and safe to use
- It has good wear resistance and will offer a long term use
- The two elbow pads are a bit hard to put on.
#9. Wayin Knee Pads for Kids
Here is another children’s protective gear set with wrist guards and knee pads that are built to give kids enough safety during all outdoor activities, such as skating, cycling, skateboarding, biking, and other extreme sports.
The gear is enhanced with 4 layers of PE shell that disperses sudden impact and protects joints and knees from scrapes or cuts. It has double elastic straps that fit different knees and wrist sizes, and it has quick-release Velcro that makes on/off wearing simple.
This protective gear has a lightweight construction, breathable and skin-friendly fabric, and high-density foam with a breathable mesh that ensures your kid has ultimate comfort and safety. Your kids can carry the gear anywhere because it comes with a lightweight mesh bag that holds all the gear.
- It includes 2 elbow pads, 2 knee pads, and 2 wrist guards
- Comes with a portable mesh bag for storage
- Enhanced with 4 layers of PE shell for dispersing impact
- Equipped with double elastic straps and quick-release Velcro
- It has high-density and skin-friendly foam
- The gear is adjustable and offers maximum flexibility
- Lightweight and comfortable to wear
- It is a multifunctional gear that can be used in different sports
- Best gift for children between 4 to 10 years
- There is a sizing problem, where the knee pads and elbow pads are of the same size
- The elastic strap makes the skin uncomfortable.
#8. Purpol Kids Protective Gear Set
The package includes all the protective gear you need for your kid when skating, cycling, riding, skateboarding, snowboarding, etc. It comes with 1 bike helmet, 2 elbow pads, 2 knee pads, and 2 wrist guards. All the gears are wrapped in a mesh bag and packed in a small gift box.
The gears have adjustable straps that can be adjusted with ease for kids aged 3 to 8 years. It is made of tough PVC and EPS foam that ensures maximum impact resistance and the helmet has built-in vents that reduce sweating. All the gears can be adjusted by extending the closure straps according to your kid’s elbow, knee, and wrist girth.
The good thing about this gear set is that it can be used for riding bikes, skating, scooter, incline skating, roller, and other outdoor sports. It will guarantee your kids enough protection and help them play with more confidence.
- Comes with 1 bike helmet, 2 wrist guards, 2 elbow pads, and 2 knee pads
- Made of tough PVC and EPS foam for enough impact resistance
- Equipped with soft and comfortable EVA pads
- Features Velcro closures and elastic straps for a perfect fit
- It has a thick splint design that protects your hands and wrists
- The gears are shock absorbing and protective
- They are impact resistant and durable
- All the gears are sturdy and suitable for everyday use
- The knee pads and elbow pads are not well designed.
#7. BOSONER Kids/Youth Protective Gear Set
These are shock-absorbing protective gears that are built for kids to help them engage in any sport with more confidence without worrying about injuries. The set includes 2 elbow pads, 2 knee pads, and 2 wrist guards.
The gears have a thick design that provides enough protection and there is ventilated EVA foam that provides cool airflow and reduces sweating. It is made of heavy-duty and durable PVC material that will prevent your knees, elbows, and knees from injuries.
What most parents love about the gear set is the perfect sizing and the way you can adjust the gears using the straps. This will ensure your kid has a perfect fit every time and no chances of feeling discomfort.
- Made of lightweight and durable PVC material
- It has ventilated EVA foam that gives airflow
- The thick design provides enough protection
- Comes with knee pads, wrist pads, and elbow pads
- Features adjustable durable straps
- They are shock-absorbing and safe to use
- Provides a secure and comfortable fit at all times
- Suitable for different outdoor sports
- The packaging is poor
- Wrist pad does not have enough Velcro to wrap the wrist.
#6. OutdoorMaster Kids/Youth Protective Gear
This set has a PP shell on the elbow pads and knee pads with PE foaming for impact resistance to provide muscle and joint protection. With this protective gear, you can help your kids skateboarding, cycling, riding, and skating without worrying about safety.
It has a 3-spot design on the elbow and knee pads, where it enhances the protection area and maintains swift movement during sports. All the gears are made of breathable and skin-friendly material that ensures comfort and smooth wearing.
Overall, the ergonomic structure is suitable for kids/youth aged 3 to 15 years old and the gears can fit elbow, knee, and wrist perfectly with the adjustable Velcro and help your joints stretch freely.
- Comes with a mesh bag for carrying and storage
- It has PP shell and PE forming that resists impacts
- Features a 3-spot design for enhancing the protection area
- Constructed of breathable and skin-friendly material
- Suitable for kids/youths from 3 to 15 years old
- The protective gear is comfortable and skin-friendly
- It can be used for a wide range of sports
- Offers full protection for wrists, elbows, and knees
- Great gear for active kids
- The Velcro strap is poorly designed
- Sizing is too small even for kids.
#5. Kids Protective Gears
This set incorporates knee pads, wrist guard, and elbow guards that will give your kid maximum protection from injuries when undertaking extreme sports. The gears have a simple and standard design that makes them suitable for professional and beginner athletes.
It is equipped with soft EVA material with tough plastic plates and there is a soft cushion pad on the inner side to give enough comfort and cushioning. Wearing the gears on/off is simple because they have adjustable straps that offer a perfect fit.
What you will love about the protective gear is it’s durable construction and breathable liner that protects against external pressure. With this gear, your kids will be protected from scratches and stuffiness.
- It has an adjustable strap that gives a custom fit
- Features a thumb hole design for the thumb
- Equipped with a breathable liner that protects against external pressure
- Comes with a spacious storage bag
- The gears are impact-resistant
- It can be used for a wide range of sports
- Protects kids from injuries during extreme sports
- Great gear for anyone on a budget
- The tabs on the knee pads cause discomfort when kids bend their knees
- Poor material quality and the Velcro doesn’t hold well.
#4. Knee Pads for Kids and Elbow Pads
CKE brand has designed this protective gear for your kids so that they can undertake any extreme exercise with more confidence. It is one of the comprehensive and secure guardians for your child. Besides, the package includes 1 pair of elbow pads, 1 pair of wrist guards, and a pair of knee pads.
All the pads and wrist guards are designed to offer maximum impact resistance for all kinds of sports, such as biking, hoverboard, cycling, BMX, ATV, and other extreme sports. The knee pads have adjustable straps that provide free and secure stretching.
Overall, the knee pads and elbow pads use a durable PE shell and they have a curved design that protects your kids from injuries. Furthermore, the adjustable design makes the gear great for kids from 3 to 9 years old.
- It has adjustable straps for easy size adjustment
- Suitable for kids aged 3 to 9 years old
- Features a thumb hole design for the thumb
- Made of durable material with a breathable liner
- The gear protects your kid from stuffiness and scratches
- Impact-resistant and comfortable to wear
- It comes at an affordable price
- The wrist bands are not elastic like the knee and elbow pads
- It takes longer to wear the protective gear.
#3. Triple Eight Saver Series Pad Set
Here is another protective gear set that includes 2 knee pads, 2 elbow pads, and a wrist pad that will guarantee enough protection when skating, biking, cycling, riding, and many more.
The pads are made from durable fabrics with EVA foam padding and polycarbonate coverage caps that provide superior protection and they don’t restrict movement. There is a 4-way nylon mesh that guarantees a comfortable fit. Besides, the wrist guards provide rigid support with high-density and impact-resistant ABS splints.
Well, the good thing about the protective gear is the on/off sleeveless design and reinforced elastic straps with hook and loop closures that ensure a perfect fit. With the protective gear set, you are guaranteed a simple and affordable way to protect your knees, wrists, and elbows.
- It has shock-absorbing EVA foam
- Made of durable and skin-friendly fabrics
- Wrist guards have impact-resistant ABS splints
- Equipped with on/off sleeveless design and elastic straps
- Features a 4-way stretch nylon mesh
- Designed to offer rigid support and impact-resistance
- The gears are convenient to put on/off
- They provide full coverage without limiting your flexibility
- The sizing on these pads runs a bit small
- Not suitable for kids more than 20lbs.
#2. Innovative Soft Kids Knee and Elbow Pads
With this innovative protective gear, your child can safely enjoy any outdoor sporting activity and you will never have to worry about your kid being injured while playing. You can use the gear for mountain biking, skateboarding, BMX biking, cycling, rollerblading, etc.
The pads are made of 3 layers of heavy-duty materials that absorb all the impact when a kid falls. It uses an advanced soft-pad technology that fits your kid’s shins, knees, and arms while still increasing the range of motion.
The good thing about the pads is that they are not only washable, but they are flexible and very easy to maintain. Besides, the skin-friendly construction will prevent discomfort while the lightweight design will help your kid wear the gear for hours without feeling any extra weight.
- Constructed of 3 layers of heavy-duty materials
- Uses an advanced soft-pad technology
- Features a skin-friendly construction and lightweight design
- Pads are flexible to increase the range of motion
- It has a skin-friendly neoprene construction
- The pads are washable and easy to maintain
- Flexible and comfortable to wear
- Easy to put on/off and you will always get a comfortable fit
- Available in different color options
- The sizing is not accurate
- They are not well constructed and they keep sliding.
#1. CRZKO Kids/Teenagers Protective Gear
Lastly, we come to one of the best-selling protective gears that will offer kids confidence and safety when they play. It is available in different sizes that fit kids and teenagers perfectly.
The protection layers consist of scratch-resistant PVC that provides heavy-duty protection and it has soft EVA padding for impact resistance. You will find adjustable Velcro straps that provide flexibility during different sports. Furthermore, the set includes 2 wrist pads, 2 knee pads, 2 elbow pads, and a mesh carry bag.
Overall, the good thing that makes this protective gear the best seller is the adjustable design that makes it suitable for kids of different ages, and the breathable design will reduce sweating to keep your kid comfortable.
- Made of quality and durable materials
- It has adjustable Velcro straps that provide flexibility
- Comes with a spacious carrying bag
- It has a breathable mesh surface
- The gears are available in different colors
- Breathable and comfortable to wear
- They provide reliable and anti-scratch protection
- It is a professional sports equipment set
- The price is a bit high
- Quality is a bit poor.
Things to Consider when Choosing Protective Gear Set for Kids
Material: If you want your kid to have ultimate protection when playing, you must buy a gear set made from heavy-duty and quality materials. The outer shell of the pads should be made from sturdy plastic that will resist impacts and absorb shock. Under the outer hard shell, most pads have comfortable and breathable padding. Most manufacturers use polyurethane or impact-resistant foam.
Also, you will need to look for something breathable so that it can reduce sweating to ensure your kid has ultimate comfort.
Size: Before you buy the protective gear set for your kids, you have to know their ages and which set fits them perfectly. Go for a set with a standard design so that it can be worn by kids of different ages. Some pads knee pads or elbow pads incorporate adjustable straps. The straps enhance simple adjustment to the most comfortable fit. In addition, the gear should fit you perfectly without causing any discomfort.
Comfort: For your kids to have maximum comfort, the gear should be flexible. They should not limit your kid’s movement whether they fit perfectly or not. Furthermore, the pads should be breathable so that your kid won’t feel uncomfortable while wearing them.
In our guide above, we have the best protective gear sets that will provide your kids with enough protection when undertaking extreme sports. They can be used in outdoor activities, such as skating, cycling, skateboarding, biking, and other extreme sports. Furthermore, they come in different sizes and colors to suit your kid’s preferences. So, we hope you have found the perfect set that will suit your kids.
Leave a Reply