A radar gun is one of most essential tools that a coach or a trainer must have in sports. Whether it is tennis, softball, baseball or another sport, radar guns will assist the trainer to evaluate his or her player in a quicker time and evaluate the ball speed from a certain distance. It is going to track your team’s progress and accurately measure pitch speeds. In this article, we have come up with the top 10 best radar guns and will help you to get the job done correctly.
List of Best Radar Guns in 2023
#10. Stalker Radar Gun Pro II Deluxe Package
Stalker Radar gun is a small size gadget that performs big beyond your expectations. It will accurately measure the speed with high sensitivity and versatility, it can measure the speed of the ball with a range of 500-foot from its release point. Furthermore, it can also measure the speed of the car when it is 2 miles away.
It can also be used to measure the ball’s peak speed and slowing live speed. In addition to that, the radar gun is usually packed with a hard plastic carrying case and rechargeable lithium-ion battery hence and it is very simple to use.
- Ultra-high sensitivity
- Includes a hard plastic carrying case
- Measures a ball’s peak speed
- Have a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Display simultaneously
- Can measures ball’s speed few feet away
- Quickly and accurately measures the speed
- Poor accuracy and inconsistent readings.
#9. Digital Tachometer, Protmex MS6208A Data Hold, Speed Tach Meter, Backlight
This is a small handheld and portable Radar Guns that can be used to measure rotational speed, rotary velocity, surface speed, counter-rotating (REV) and more. It can display rotation speeds from 50RPM to 19999RPM and usually takes measurements directly with the moving surface. In general, these Tachometers can be utilized in areas such as mechanical engineering, automobile maintenance, and industrial equipment maintenance
This Radar Guns can be used even in harsh conditions such as dusty and dirty environments giving you accurate results and instant readings. With its LCD backlit, it will enable you to take reading even low light conditions.
- Highly accurate contact digital tachometer
- Small handheld and portable
- Auto Power Off
- Measure all types of speed
- High-speed operation
- LCD is backlit
- Excellent choice for dusty and dirty environments
- Expensive and not for everyone
#8. Bushnell- 1 – Radar Gun, Easy-to-use Velocity speed gun
Bushnell- 1 is one of the most popular and highest-rated Radar Gun you can find in the market. It can be used to measure the speed of the baseball when it is 90 feet away and can also be used to measure the vehicle speed that is 1,300 feet far. With its DSP digital signal processing and digital technology, it makes this speed gun to be more accurate giving your best results
Using this Radar Gun is very simple and it has a screen display that is large enough to take the readings. Get this Radar Gun and will assist you to make the reading of all speeds.
- Display the highest speed with ± 1 mph accuracy
- Measures 8.4 x 6.0 x 4.3 inches
- Measures distance of up to 1300 feet
- Weighs only 19 ounces.
- Easy to use
- Measures speed from up to 90 feet
- Has DSP digital signal processing
- Does not fit in your pocket
#7. Stalker Sport 2 Radar – Stalker Sport Radar
Stalker Sport 2 Radar is reasonably priced and comes with plenty of features. It can take measurements with a range of 300-Foot making it the best as compared to other Radar guns in the market. Nevertheless, it can be used to measure the speed of the ball from 5-150 mph with a variation of only +/- 1 mph giving consistent leadings all the time.
It will measure running and pitching speeds with two active speed windows. Additionally, it has true pitch speeds, greater range, certified accuracy, and simple operation. It is also included with six AA nimh rechargeable batteries that provide power to this Radar gun.
- Measures ball speeds from 5-150 mph
- Includes 6 AA nimh rechargeable batteries
- Certified accuracy
- Consistent readings
- 300-Foot Range
- Simple operation
- Quick and easy measurements
- Takes a bit of time to get used to it.
#6. Ehdis Digital LCD Photo Speed Tach Meter Speedometer
The Ehdis Velocity Speed radar gun is a perfect speedometer for trainers who need an accurate reading gadget. It can be used to measure RPMs of motors, the speed of lathes, circular saws and another kind of rotating devices. The LED screen is large enough for you to take reading smartly and can the device can store maximum, minimum and last reading
The Ehdis radar gun has the capacity to measure the distance from 50-500mm with an accuracy level of +/- 0.02 percent. It is simple to use and features an auto-zero adjustment. Get this speedometer and it will offer you a stable performance
- Easy-to-read LCD screen
- Can measures distance from 2-20 inches
- Automatic and Manual Measurement Functions
- Auto-zero adjustment
- Data record and recall
- Accurate to +/- 0.02 percent
- Low battery indication
- Have a stable performance
- Auto and manual power off
- Accuracy not precise
#5. Virtue Paintball Clock III Advanced LCD Screen Chronograph Radar Gun
Another reasonably priced option comes from Virtue Paintball. It features a Bluetooth Technology making it broadcast FPS to a lot of devices and there is no synchronization is required. It is one of superior Radar Gun as it has improved features such as battery harness, battery life, moisture resistance and many more.
This Radar Gun has an efficient LCD Screen that will display FPS Reading and has a backlight hence you can able to take the readings even in low light areas. On top of that, it has a memory to remember the previously taken results. Its battery is also efficient and will last for a long time before taking it back for a recharge.
- Improved moisture resistance
- Wireless broadcast to multiple devices
- Stronger battery harness
- Improved battery life
- Improved radar accuracy
- Improved sunlight performance
- Superior moisture resistance
- 2-Slot Allen Key Holder
- Short range.
#4. Bushnell Radar Gun Speedster III w/ Speeds of 10 to 200 MPH
Bushnell Radar is reliable and high performing Radar gun in the market, it provides an accuracy level of +/- 1 MPH and offers the results instantaneously. It will display the fastest speed when the trigger is released. The speeds are read using digital speed processing and have RF technology that enables to transmit data to display to the screen
Other features of this Radar Gun includes battery saver and it will automatically switch off when it is left for a long time without usage. It is simple to utilize, easy design means it’s a short learning curve for any player or coach.
- Textured pistol grip
- Displays fastest speed when the trigger is released
- RF technology transmits wireless data
- Accurate digital speed reading
- Provides +/- 1 MPH accuracy
- Digital speed processing
- Poor accuracy and inconsistent readings.
#3. Classic Model and All Purpose Pocket Radar Gun
With its Digital Signal Processing (DSP) technology, this Radar Gun is able to give accurate speed results and can be used in a lot of application such as industrial safety, hobbies, scientific research, traffic safety and much more. The device can also be used to monitor speeds of the cars, radio controlled planes and other moving objects from 11-600 KPH
It is run by 2 AAA alkaline batteries that last for a long time and can take over 10,000 readings with a single set of batteries. It has a compact size and measures 2.3 by 4.7 by 0.8 inches and weighs only 4.5 ounces when batteries are included
- The small size of 2.3 by 4.7 by 0.8 inches
- Lightweight with only weighs 4.5 ounces
- Easily and discreetly measure vehicle speeds
- Convenient size for many uses
- Measures: 7 to 375 MPH
- Pocket-sized and general purpose
- Hard-shell case
#2. Pocket Radar Ball Training Tool and Radar Gun
Here comes the next best Radar Gun from Pocket Radar. It will provide instant feedback and have a build in memory to indicate previous 25 speeds hence perfect to keep track of all recorded results. In addition to that, it is rugged enough and will withstand from high impact from sports environments and provides pro-level accuracy.
It will find the fastest speed of the ball for cricket, hockey, volleyball, baseball, and softball. You can Change Units (MPH and KPH) and it usually Shut-Down when it is not in use for some minutes.
- Easy automatic operation
- Versatile hands-free use
- Automatically finds the balls fastest speed
- Built-in memory
- Easy automatic triggering
- Change units (MPH and KPH)
- Automatically powers off after 30 seconds
#1. REED Instruments Compact Photo Tachometer R7050
Our top #1 in this list is the REED Photo Tachometer R7050 that measures revolutions per minute without contact with the rotating objects. It features a digital counter that enables to measure the speed and has a memory to recall the minimum and maximum values that were lastly recorded. In addition to that, it has an indicator that shows when the battery is low.
The gadget comes with a battery, reflective tape and carrying case that makes you to easily carry this Compact Tachometer anywhere you go. Besides that, the gadget automatically shut down when it is not in use.
- Includes reflective tape and carrying case
- Low battery indicator
- Internal memory
- Fast and accurate RPM measurements
- Auto shut-off
- Carrying case and battery included
- A memory capable of recalling maximum and minimum values
Things to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Radar Gun
- Distance: If you are looking for a Radar Gun of scouting sports, it is good to look for the one that can measure quite a distance far away in order to have a definite step up in quality. Coaches and Scouts find themselves when they are somehow far away from action thus they need something that can measure far distances.
- Accuracy: Same like distance, accuracy relates mostly on the item cost. Expensive Radar Gun is usually more accurate compared to cheap ones. Some radar can be able to take measurement even in small ball objects while others cannot
- Batteries: One thing that you need to know is how to power the device. Most the radar guns usually use batteries and you need to know how many batteries are needed and also the size. It also good to know the time it lasts when it is fully charged. Most of them have rechargeable lithium or ion batteries that are built in.
- Portability and Use: Most people overlook this factor as they need something that is easy to carry and simple to use. If you are a coach it is good to look for something that can be carried with hands and can fit well in your pocket. The list below has the best Radar Gun that is easy to carry and some come with a carry bag.
- Additional Features: The modern radar guns usually come with extra features such as digital signal processing (DSP), strobe alert and Dual-antenna Design in order to boost its performance.
Finding the correct radar gun is not an easy task. You need to take time and weigh a lot of option and figure out the best option for you, the list above contains the best radar gun in the market. They are all made to fulfill all your requirements. Just go through each of them and you will find the best one for you.
Leave a Reply