Skiing is among the most exhilarating forms of enjoyment and sporting activity, especially during vacations. Since you may not be in a position to own an icy slope in your property, or even close by, one is often required to make a trip to a skiing site, and prepare adequately with all the necessary gear. While most of your utilities may fit in your vehicle, a roof rack creates a versatile storage space for all of your gear. This article has carefully outline among the Top 10 Best snowboard roof racks in 2023 you may consider buying.
Ski and snowboard roof racks are designed to provide additional storage for your skis. This will help prevent wedging a snowboard between your friends in the back seat, as well as create more space for helmets and boots. The type of roof rack you buy is crucial as it plays a big part in protecting your snowboard and vehicle. They should be built with a solid and versatile design ideal for outdoor adventure. If you are looking to get a snowboard roof rack here are some of the key features to consider.
List of Best Snowboard Roof Racks in 2023
No products found.
#10. FIVKLEMNZ Ski Roof Rack
The FIVKLEMNZ Ski Rack is designed to hold up to 6 pairs of skis with a height of up to 31 inches. Also, it can firmly hold 4 snowboards as well as paddles, fishing rods, water skis and ski poles. The rack is widely compatible with most round and square crossbars including Yakima and Thule. It is made of high-quality aluminum construction, resistant to low-temperature and corrosion.
The roof rack is designed to securely hold the snowboards with an ultra-soft rubber grip to prevent scratching. It comes with anti-theft protection with 2 locks cylinders with keys.
- Hold up to 6 pairs of skis or 4 snowboards
- Compatible with most round and square crossbars
- Ultra-soft rubber grip to prevent scratching
- Anti-theft protection with 2 locks cylinders
- High-quality aluminum construction
#9. Yakima Ski & Snowboard Mount
The Yakima Snowboard Mount comes with a versatile design with a capacity of up to 2 snowboards or 4 pairs of skis. It comes with an easy to use and tool-free design that makes installation a breeze. It features a universal mounting system that works perfectly with most aerodynamic, round and square roof racks.
The ski roof rack comes with a SkiLift attachment that provides clearance for holding tall bindings. Also, it is built with a secure integrated locking system for extra security.
- SkiLift attachment
- 2 snowboards or 4 pairs of skis
- Works with most aerodynamic, round and square racks
- Integrated locking system for extra security
- Easy to use and tool-free design
#8. IKURAM Ski and Snowboard Roof Racks
The IKURAM Ski Roof Racks is made of durable and lightweight aluminum construction with a 10mm oxide layer for supreme corrosion resistance. It is built with ultra-soft rubber arms with improved elasticity and toughness to withstand up to -60 degrees as well as avoid scuffs and scratches. It is designed with a one-button operation allowing you to grab and load your gear in no time.
The ski roof rack is easy to install with a tool-free and quick setup. It comes with an integrated anti-theft system that includes locks and keys for additional security.
- Durable and lightweight aluminum construction
- Ultra-soft rubber arms with improved elasticity and toughness
- A tool-free and quick setup
- An anti-theft system that includes locks and keys
- One-button operation for quick loading and unloading
#7. BRIGHTLINES Roof Snowboard Racks
The BRIGHTLINES Snowboard Racks come with a versatile design with a carrying capacity of up to 4 snowboards or 6 pairs of skis. The rack is designed to perfectly fit most factory crossbars with a maximum width of 3 inches and 1.5 inches thickness. It comes with a universal design ideal for wing-shaped, round and square crossbars such as Yakima and Thule.
The roof rack is built with an integrated anti-theft system that includes multiple locks and large open buttons. It is easy to assemble and requires no special tools to set up and remove within minutes.
- Up to 4 snowboards or 6 pairs of skis
- Fit most factory crossbars 3 inches wide and 1.5 inches thick
- Ideal for wing-shaped, round and square crossbars
- Integrated anti-theft system with locks and large open buttons
- Easy to assemble and requires no special tools
#6. Apex Ski and Snowboard Roof Rack
The Apex Ski Roof Rack is designed to firmly hold up to 2 snowboards or 4 pairs of skis on your vehicle’s roof. It is built with ultra-soft rubber arms to provide extra security as well as prevent scuffs and scratching your vehicle. It is equipped with a big push button that allowing you to quickly and effortlessly open the carrier. Also, it comes with locks and 2 keys for additional security.
The ski roof rack is made from heavy-duty aluminum and plastic materials. It is designed to provide a maximum carrying space of up to 22 inches wide. It is built to be attached to round or H crossbars with a diameter of up to 1.5 inches.
- Holds up to 2 snowboards or 4 pairs
- Soft rubber arms to provide extra security
- Maximum carrying space of up to 22 inches wide
- Big push button, locks and 2 keys
- H or round crossbars with a diameter of up to 1.5 inches
#5. DrsportsUSA Universal Car Rack
The DrsportsUSA Car Rack is designed with a carrying capacity of up to 4 snowboards or 6 pairs of skis. Also, it can be used for carrying other outdoor gear such as ski poles, fishing rods and paddles. It is built with a universal design that firmly attaches to most round, square and factory crossbars. The rack is made of high-quality aluminum construction with extreme durability, low-temperature and corrosion resistance.
The car rack features ultra-soft rubber grips that secure your gear as well as prevent scratching your car’s surface. It is equipped with 2 convenient locking positions allowing you to transport items of varying thicknesses. It comes with a quick and easy installation completed within 15 minutes. Also, it comes with a key and lock as well as a gloves-on operation.
- The capacity of up to 4 snowboards or 6 pairs of skis
- Attaches to most round, square and factory crossbars
- High-quality aluminum construction
- 2 convenient locking positions
- Key and lock as well as a gloves-on operation
- Quick and easy installation
#4. Yakima Rooftop Ski Mount
The Yakima Rooftop Mount is designed with a carrying capacity of up to 2 snowboards or 4 pairs of skis of up to 136 mm. The rack features a double joint hinge allowing you to expand the storage space to hold thick boards and skis. It comes with a sleek and aerodynamic design that allows for a quiet and smooth ride without drag. Also, it includes a SkiLift attachment to accommodate tall bindings.
The rooftop mount works perfectly with most factory, square and round roof racks. Also, it is compatible with T-slot crossbars and comes with an integrated anti-theft system with locks and keys. It is easy to install without special tools and a big access button allowing for easy opening with mittens or gloves.
- SkiLift attachment to accommodate tall bindings
- 2 snowboards or 4 pairs of skis of up to 136 mm
- Sleek and aerodynamic design
- Expandable double joint hinge
- Compatible with round, square and T-slot crossbars
#3. Rhino Rack Snowboard Carrier
The Rhino Snowboard Carrier features a versatile design ideal for carrying 4 snowboards, 6 pairs of skis and other outdoor gear such as paddles and fishing rods. It comes with a universal mounting design with an easy and quick installation on any vehicle. It is equipped with a key locking system and an easy release operation for gloved hands. Also, it features soft rubber arms to protect your gear and rooftop surface.
The snowboard comes with a heavy-heavy, rust and corrosion-resistant aluminum frame with an internal length of 27 inches. It is easy to install and includes mounting brackets and 4 keys.
- 4 snowboards, 6 pairs of skis and other outdoor gear
- Key locking system and an easy release operation
- Heavy-heavy, rust and corrosion-resistant aluminum frame
- Includes mounting brackets and 4 keys
- Soft rubber arms to protect your gear
#2. Amazon Basics Rail Roof Rack
The Amazon Basics Roof Rack comes with a universal design that perfectly fits most SUVs and cars with raised crossovers. It has a width of 56 inches and requires your vehicle to have pre-installed side rails that leave a gap of at least ½ inch between the rails and the roof. The rack is built with an aerodynamic design to prevent, drag, vibrations or wind noise when at highway speeds.
The roof rack comes with lightweight construction and a carrying capacity of up to 165 pounds. It is easy to install within minutes and features rubber-coated clamps to provide supreme damage protection and grip.
- Requires your vehicle to have pre-installed side rails
- Has a width of 56 inches
- Rubber-coated clamps
- Integrated locking system
- Aerodynamic design to prevent, drag, vibrations
#1. Thule SnowPack Snowboard Rack
The Thule SnowPack Snowboard Rack comes with an aerodynamic design and a carrying capacity of 2 snowboards or 4 pairs of skis. It is built with a vertical spring system allowing you to securely carry thicker snowboards and gear. It is equipped with ultra-soft rubber grips to firmly hold your gear as well as prevent scratching and scuffs. Also, it features a big push access button to open with gloved hands.
The ski rack features a convenient anti-theft system with locks and keys. It comes with a universal design that is compatible with most rack systems including round, T-Track and factory racks.
- The capacity of 2 snowboard or 4 pairs of skis
- Vertical spring system
- Ultra-soft rubber grips
- Convenient anti-theft system with locks and keys
- Big push access button to open with gloved hands
Features to Consider when Buying Snowboard Roof Racks
- Vehicle compatibility: Before buying a roof rack, check if your vehicle is equipped with roof rails. Also, check if the style and measurements of the crossbars fit the rack to provide total stability and security.
- Safety: Besides protecting and securing your snowboard, check that the roof rack protects your vehicle from scratches and scuffs. It should hold the snowboard firmly even when driving at top speed.
- Material: The ideal snowboard rack should be made from premium and durable materials such as stainless steel and metal. Since snowboards are in regular contact with slush and snow, the rack should be corrosion and rust-resistant.
- Ease of installation: Top models are often easy to install and does not require a ton of expertise to complete within minutes. Also, check that your rack allows for a swift and quick loading and unloading of the skis.
- Capacity: Most racks are designed to safely hold between 2 to 6 snowboards. Other versatile models are designed to hold other items such as paddles and fishing poles, among other outdoor gear.
- Fuel efficiency: Check the design of your rack and ensure it does not cause any drag that may result in higher fuel consumption.
For skiing enthusiasts, travelling to a skiing site requires adequate preparation with all the required gear. This requires you to manage the space available to hold all items. Ski racks provide extra storage space for your snowboards as well as other outdoor gear such as paddles and fishing poles. They come in a wide range of designs and styles, with varying carrying capacities of up to 6 snowboards. This article provides a comprehensive buyer’s guide and our pick of the Top 10 Best snowboard roof racks in 2023.
Leave a Reply