Water damage is among the top issues faced by homeowners today. A leaky appliance, malfunctioning heater or even a burst pipe can lead to loss of thousands of dollars in repairs and maintenance. Modern innovation has seen the rise of smart devices that help detect any sort of water leakage. The devices will then notify you or even shut off the water, preventing a small problem from turning into a major catastrophe. Below is a well sort-out list of Top 10 best water sensor alarms in 2020.
The usefulness of some of these smart devices can never be overlooked as they help save lots of money that could otherwise be used for repairs. Though these water leakage sensors do not come in cheap, their cost is relatively lower than flood insurance. There are numerous advantages associated with leakage sensors including reduced water bills, safeguards your home, protects the neighboring property as well as contribute towards a better environment.
List of 10 Best Water Sensor Alarms in 2020
- List of 10 Best Water Sensor Alarms in 2020
- #10. YUXIER Water Leak Alarm Detector
- #9. SimpleSENCE WiFi Leak and Freeze Detector
- #8. Topvico Flood Alarm Water Leak Sensor Detector 120dB
- #7. Shackcom Water Leak Detector Alarm 5 Pack
- #6. Wireless Water Leak Sensor Alarm – WER 90db Loud Buzzer
- #5. Masswell Water Leak Detector, Up to 120 DB, 72 Hours
- #4. First Alert WA100-3 Water Alarm, 3-Pack
- #3. Govee WiFi Water Sensor, Smart APP Leak Alert
- #2. Instapark Water Leakage Detection Alarm and Sensor
- #1. Zircon Leak Alert Water Leak Detector & Flood Sensor Alarm
- Features of a Water Detector
#10. YUXIER Water Leak Alarm Detector
The YUXIER Alarm Detector comes in a thoughtful and easy to use design, with the bottom containing 2 highly sensitive probes responsible for setting off the alarm. The water alarm can be placed on numerous places including a fish tank, washing machine, swimming pool, bathtub, kitchen as well as sink among other areas.
The sensor is fitted with a mute button as well as an ultra-loud alarm that will be heard even from a leakage down the basement. After ringing for 60 seconds, the detector is designed to automatically stop and it’s powered with 2 AAA batteries. For flexible placement, it comes with a 2.6 ft long sensor cable.
- It is fitted with 110 DB ultra-loud alarm
- Comes with an easy to use and thoughtful design including a long flexible sensor cable
- Easy to open the battery cover and simple replacement. Uses 2 AAA batteries
- The alarm turns off automatically after ringing for 60 seconds
- The alarm system also features a mute button
#9. SimpleSENCE WiFi Leak and Freeze Detector
The SimpleSENCE WiFi Detector comes with an around the clock detection for leak and freeze. With the detector, you can add several people to receive alert notifications such as family, roommates or neighbors. It comes with an easy to follow set up and installation process that will take a few minutes. It also features an App interface to assist you in setting up multiple sensors.
The SimpleSENCE Leak and Freeze Detector can be useful in protecting leaks and floods in various locations such as vacation homes, rental properties as well as homes for aging parents. It is designed with high-quality standards and an ergonomic design to compliment your interior decor.
- Come with 2 easily replaceable batteries that last for up to 2 years
- Can be set to send alert notification to multiple users, friends, family or neighbors
- Built with the highest quality standards and an ergonomic design to fit your home decor
- Has a loud and audible alarm
- Also feature temperature sensor to protect your pipes during cold seasons
#8. Topvico Flood Alarm Water Leak Sensor Detector 120dB
The Topvico Water Leak Sensor comes with a highly sensitive detection board and a 120db alarm system. The board is so sensitive that the alarm may start ringing even from the touch of a wet finger. This makes it loud enough even for your neighbors to hear when not around. The Topvico leak detector is powered with a 9V battery with a life of up to 12 months.
The Topvico leak detector can be placed under the sink or even close to the sump pumps. The set up is easy and includes 3m double-side paster as well as 37.8 inches cable for easier extension. The sensor has a relatively small size hence can be placed in tight spaces. The 24K gold-plated detection board can detect water and moisture even from the corners. It features 3 sensors which are all needed to touch water for the alarm to start ringing.
- Comes with highly sensitive sensors that will detect the smallest amount of water or moisture
- Has 120 DB alarm system that will be heard even by your neighbors
- Set up is easy and installation will only take a few minutes
- It is powered with a 9V battery with up to 12 months of battery life
#7. Shackcom Water Leak Detector Alarm 5 Pack
Shackcom Water Leak Detector is an easy to use alert system that only needs to be placed near a water source. It does not require any wiring and comes with a battery-saver feature to ensure power is used only when the alarm is on. It is built with a small design of 1.8 by 1.5 inches, ideal for limited and tight spaces. It also features an easy to test procedure where you just need to touch the 3 sensor contacts with a wet finger.
Its super-sensitive alarm system features three metallic sensor contacts that will go on upon contact with water. It is loud enough, going up to 110DB and can ring for up to 24 hours when there is direct contact with water. The detector is commonly used in bathrooms, basements, ceiling as well as other spots where moisture is likely to collect.
- It comes with 5 different leak alert units to place in multiple locations
- It is powered with 12V alkaline batteries with long battery life
- It is built with high quality sealed waterproof design
- Has super sensitive alarm that goes loud up to 110db
- Its is small in size and can be accommodated in small and limited spaces
#6. Wireless Water Leak Sensor Alarm – WER 90db Loud Buzzer
The WER Loud Buzzer comes with a unique design measuring just 38 mm in height by 87 mm in diameter. Its lightweight feature of about 100 grams makes it easy to carry it around especially when traveling. It is built from high-quality ABS material as well as a 100% waterproof design. The wireless leak detector alarm is powered with a 9V battery.
The WER leak detector comes with highly sensitive sensors that include 3 electrodes to help detect the smallest amount of water. It offers its users 30 days guarantee as well as a 1-year materials warranty. The water alarm can be placed near the water heater, bathtub, sink, sump pump, washing machine or kitchen.
- Easy to open battery compartment with just a twist to open and close
- Small and compact, ideal for small spaces
- Comes with 4 alarm units
- It is lightweight making it ideal for carrying to other locations
#5. Masswell Water Leak Detector, Up to 120 DB, 72 Hours
The Masswell leak detector offers homeowners with a low-cost, effective and simple alert system that goes up to 120db. It comes in a small and compact design and is commonly used behind the toilet, underneath the sink as well as near plumbing areas. It is easy to set up, use as well as clean. The detector comes with a powerful alarm of up to 120DB, which can be heard by neighbors 100 yards away.
The Masswell detector protects your home from leakage and flooding losses for 365 days and features a built-in suction cup to help you attach it on any appliance.
- It is highly sensitive and loud reaching up to 120DB
- It is easy to install, use as well as clean.
- It provides uninterruptible protection all year long from leakage and flooding
- Comes with a built-in suction cup to help place it on your appliances
#4. First Alert WA100-3 Water Alarm, 3-Pack
By: First Alert
To protect your property and have peace of mind when at the office or on vacation, the First Alert Water Alarm comes in 3 units that can be placed on different spots. These include areas such as the basement, toilet or even near the washing mashing. Each of these units is designed to be splash and water-resistant and features a built-in alarm of up to 85db.
If no one is around to silence the alarm, the detector continues to send alert notifications for the next 72 hours. Each pack is powered with a 9V battery and is ideal in wet conditions.
- It is loud and powerful, emitting up to 85DB
- It is powered with a 9V battery which works well even in wet conditions
- It is splash and water-resistant
- The alert system comes in a pack of three, enabling you to place them in different places
#3. Govee WiFi Water Sensor, Smart APP Leak Alert
With a compact and waterproof design, the Govee WiFi Water Sensor uses a smart App to detect leakage and then send an alert to your cellphone. This works by naming WiFi water sensors from your dishwasher, washing machine, sinks, toilet or even sump pumps, to your cellphone Smart App. The water leakage record is also kept on the App for you to check in the future.
The detector features a loud audible alarm of up to 100db as well as a leaking and dripping alert. The system’s WiFi gateway connection is stable and expandable. However, it does not support 5G WiFi.
- Comes with an expandable and stable WiFi gateway connection
- It has leaking and dripping alerts
- Built with a loud and audible alarm going up to 100db
- Uses a cellphone smart App that can also display the battery level
- It has a compact and waterproof design ensuring long use in wet conditions
#2. Instapark Water Leakage Detection Alarm and Sensor
The Instapark Water Leakage Detection Sensor is easy to use, simple and automatic and can be placed near the water heater, washer, sump pump or even under the sink. The detector is cheap and comes with a 44-inch long detection sensor. Its built-in suction cup allows you to install it on a flat surface.
Powered with a 9V alkaline battery, the detector works for 365 days without interruption and has a battery life of up to 2 years. It features a loud inbuilt alarm of up to 130DB, clearly audible up to 100 yards away.
- Loud and audible inbuilt alarm, up to 130 DB
- Comes with a 9V battery with up to 2-year battery life
- It comes with 3 different alarms, each powered independently
- Has a long 44-inch detection sensor
#1. Zircon Leak Alert Water Leak Detector & Flood Sensor Alarm
The Zircon Leak Alert Detector package consists of 8 different alert units as well as eight 9V batteries. On the slightest detection of moisture, the alarm rings to up to 90 DB, loud enough for your neighbors to hear. When in flooding conditions, the system is designed to float and continue sending alerts for up to 72 hours.
The detector does not require any wiring and is fully automatic. It is ideal for the basement, bathroom, kitchen and anywhere with a potential for leakages such as under the sink, near the washing machine, dishwasher, water heater and sump pump.
- The package comes with 8 leak alert units to place in multiple locations
- Built to float in flooding situations and continue ringing for 72 hours
- It is loud, up to 90 DB
- It is fully automatic and requires no wiring during installation
With the wide range of water leakage detectors and sensors available, the above list of the Top 10 best water sensor alarms in 2020 can be helpful when buying a detector for your home. It is crucial that you understand the various features and factors to consider to ensure that you protect your property against flooding or leakage losses.