If you have a shop and you use an air hose, you know the hassle of hauling it around. Air hoses are bulky, hard to store, and they are a bad hazard if not put away correctly. That’s why you need a retractable air hose reel. However, some product descriptions are misleading and have varying prices, making it a bit hard to choose the quality one. The review below has the best air hose reels in 2022 that will give you a quality service and durability. We have included a buying guide that will help you choose the right product.
List of 10 Best Air Hose Reels in 2022
- List of 10 Best Air Hose Reels in 2022
- #10. SuperHandy Air-Hose-Reel
- #9. Lincoln Lubrication Air Reel
- #8. DeWalt Air Hose Reel
- #7. REELWORKS Air Hose Reel
- #6. MaxWorks 50ft Retractable Hose Reel
- #5. Goodyear Steel Retractable Hose Reel
- #4. TEKTON 50-Foot Auto Rewind Air Hose Reel
- #3. Giraffe Air-Hose-Reel
- #2. Flexzilla Retractable Enclosed Air Hose Reel
- #1. Campbell Hausfeld Hose Reel
- Things to Consider when Choosing an Air Hose Reel
#10. SuperHandy Air-Hose-Reel
SuperHandy air hose reel is made of impact-resistant and lightweight polypropylene case, and it has a swivel hose inlet connection that helps to offer protection against leaks. This reel comes with a 3/8” by 50ft polymer with 300PSI capability and it is suitable for water usage and compressed air. Furthermore, the polymer hose has a strong bend radius, where it has no memory that is ideal for eliminating kinks and it operates in the lowest temperatures of 40-degrees to the highest temperature of 180 to 176-degrees Fahrenheit.
It has 2 directional non-slag rollers that help to reduce wear and abrasion on the hose. The reel comes with a swivel bracket with mounting holes lock and slide groves that provide ultimate stability once installed. Furthermore, it is easy to mount onto floors, ceilings, or walls, allowing for 135-degrees rotation to offer convenient storage.
- Made of polypropylene case
- Features a swivel hose inlet connection that offers protection against leaks
- Comes with a 3/8” by 50ft polymer with 300PSI capability
- It has 2 directional non-slag rollers that reduce wear on the hose
- Features a swivel bracket with mounting holes
#9. Lincoln Lubrication Air Reel
By: Lincoln Industrial
This air hose reel is made of steel construction with 3/8” by 50” rubber hose. It features a slotted mounting base that allows you to installation work using fewer minutes and effort. Furthermore, it has 8-position ratchet system that enhances easy pointing of the hose.
It has a spring-powered automatic recoil that is made of a flexible material to ease use. The model is designed with quality valves that help to reduce the frequency of leaks. Additionally, it features a hose that enhances compatibility and it minimizes kinks.
- It has a 5-position adjustable arm
- Features a spring-powered automatic recoil
- Designed with quality valves that reduce leaks
- Made of steel construction with 3/8” by 50” rubber hose
- Equipped with a hose that helps to minimize kinks
- It operates at a maximum pressure of 300psi and max airflow of 25 CFM
#8. DeWalt Air Hose Reel
It has a ratchet gear lock that allows you to pull the hose to any length. The rubber hose is designed to stay flexible such that it can work at 40-degrees Fahrenheit, yet taking the heat up to 150-degrees Fahrenheit without bubbling or swelling.
The hose reel is the perfect accessory any air compressor or tool that operates at 300psi. It is made of quality steel construction that is impact-resistant and lightweight. Additionally, the hose real is kink-resistant when under pressure and it has a 3/8” by 4ft lead to enhance simple compression connection.
- It has an auto-retracting hose reel with a rubber hose
- Features a 4-roller design helps to reduce wear
- Equipped with a ratchet gear lock
- It has a self-leveling system that winds the hose evenly
- Works at 300psi
#7. REELWORKS Air Hose Reel
This reel is made of impact-resistant and lightweight polypropylene that is can be used in any environment. It has a double adjustment function that locks the hose at your desired length. Furthermore, it has a swivel built within the internal mechanism, and the lead hose is stationary to keep the rewind function effective.
It has a latching mechanism that locks at your desired length to reduce wear and abrasion on the hose. The heel has an included hose inlet connection that seals to prevent leakage and keep your workspace clean. Additionally, it comes with a swivel bracket that is easy to mount on walls, floors, ceilings allowing 180-degrees rotation.
- Made of lightweight and impact-resistant polypropylene
- Features a double adjustment function
- It has a swivel built within the internal mechanism
- Equipped with a latching mechanism that locks at your desired length
- It has an included hose inlet connection
- Comes with a swivel bracket for easy mounting
#6. MaxWorks 50ft Retractable Hose Reel
This is a retractable air hose reel with 50” rubber air hose with an enclosed alloy steel spring that offers you years of service. It has a multi-position ratchet that allows you to pull the hose at any length. Furthermore, it can be mounted on your floor, ceiling, or wall to offer versatility and more convenience. It is equipped with four non-snag rollers that help you to reduce hose wear and abrasion.
- It includes 3/8” diameter and 50” long rubber air5 hose
- Works at a maximum air pressure of 250psi and maximum airflow of 25 CFM
- Equipped with four non-snag rollers
- Features a 50” rubber air hose
- It has a multi-position ratchet
#5. Goodyear Steel Retractable Hose Reel
This hose reel is equipped with a multi-locking ratchet and double adjustment spring function that locks the hose at any desired length. It is made using powder-coated steel that helps to prevent corrosion and steel stamped guide arm helps to reduce angular pull. Moreover, it has 4 direction non-slag rollers that help to reduce wear and abrasion on the hose.
It has an adjustable hose stopper that helps in safe retraction and an enclosed drive spring that protects against damage during rewinding. The hose reel is easy to mount onto walls, floors, and ceilings.
- It works at a maximum pressure of 300psi / 20Bar
- Equipped with a multi-locking ratchet and double adjustment spring function
- Made of powder coated steel that prevents corrosion
- It has a steel stamped guide arm that reduces angular pull
- Equipped with 4 direction non-slag rollers
- Features an adjustable hose stopper for easy retraction
#4. TEKTON 50-Foot Auto Rewind Air Hose Reel
This hose reel is made of quality steel construction that is designed to resist corrosion, abrasion, and scratches to improve durability. It is equipped with an 8-position ratchet gear that locks the hose at any desired length to suit your needs. With the included mounting screw, you can install the reel on your workbench, floors, ceiling, or walls.
It has a quality rubber hose reel that stays flexible at 40-degrees F and can take up to 190-degrees F. The reel is powered by a reliable internal spring that is faster and easier than hand winding and it is less complex.
- Made of quality steel construction that is durable
- Equipped with an 8-position ratchet gear for locking the hose
- It has a mounting screw for easy installation
- Stays flexible at 40-degrees F and takes up to 190-degrees F
- Powered by a reliable internal spring
#3. Giraffe Air-Hose-Reel
By: Giraffe Tools
Giraffe retractable air hose reel features a steel guide arm that is adjustable up to 3 different angles to suit most situations. This hose reel is made of powder-coated steel that is designed to resist rusting and corrosion to increase durability and performance. Furthermore, it has a full slow swivel joint that provides smooth fluid flow.
The hose reel is guided by 2 non-snag rollers that enhance smooth retraction and reduce wear and abrasion on the hose. Additionally, the hybrid hose has no memory and it is designed to reduce kinks.
- It has a steel guide arm adjustable to 3 different angles
- Made of powder coated steel
- Features a slow swivel joint for smooth fluid flow
- Equipped with an enclosed multi-position release ratchet
- Guided by 2 non-snag rollers for smooth retraction
#2. Flexzilla Retractable Enclosed Air Hose Reel
Flexzilla retractable air hose reel features an auto retract hose mechanism that simplifies your tasks. Furthermore, the hose is made of UV stabilized polypropylene that is suited for heavy-duty tasks.
The reel has an adjustable stopper that allows you to increase or decrease the hose length that remains when it is retracted fully. Additionally, it has anodized aluminum fittings and it has a swivel bracket that allows the reel to swivel up to 180-degrees.
- It has an auto retract hose mechanism
- Features a latching mechanism for locking the latch
- Made of quality polypropylene
- It has an adjustable stopper
- Equipped with anodized aircraft fittings
#1. Campbell Hausfeld Hose Reel
By: Campbell Hausfeld
Campbell Hausfeld has an auto retract hose that keeps excess hose out of your workplace and it locks the hose in place at varying intervals. Furthermore, it has a 50-foot hose that works at a maximum of 300psi to allow you to tackle a variety of projects.
The PVC hose is designed to resist corrosion and abrasion to increase durability and offer you a reliable performance. It is equipped with swivel mounting bracket pivots that can be mounted on ceilings or walls. This reel comes with a crack-resistant, mountable case that offers worksite convenience and reliability.
Moreover, the hose reel can handle temperatures from 35 to 250-degrees F. With Campbell Hausfeld, you can finish your projects in minutes using less effort.
- It has an auto retract hose
- Features a 50-foot hose working at a maximum pressure of 300psi
- Equipped with swivel mounting bracket pivots
- Comes with a crack-resistant and mountable case
- It can handle temperatures from 35 to 250-degrees F
Things to Consider when Choosing an Air Hose Reel
- Quality: When choosing a hose reel, it is very important to choose a model that is of high quality. One of the ideal consideration is the length of the hose. It should be about 25 feet, where this is enough range to cover a small garage or shop. If you are going to work in a larger area, you will need a 50-foot hose. Besides, you can look for models with features that reduce leakage at the joints where the hose connects to the spindle and the input.
- Mounting: Since there is more force going in the retracting 50-foot hose, you will need a model that mounts to the wall or ceiling firmly. The quality models are equipped with hinged support that allows the reel to rotate top the left or right. That will reduce the strain on the wall, making the heel easy to use. Besides, you should avoid the models without fasteners. They may have wall mounts, but they may not have screws you need for mounting to the wall.
- Ease of use: Air hose reels are not designed equally. if you want a heel that you will like, choose a model that is easy to use. For a complicated reel, you will use it fewer times and end up wasting your money. first, you have to consider the stopping system. Some models lack this feature which makes it tiresome when you are trying to retract the hose. Some models have a feature that works like a cord on your blinds. Furthermore, some mid-range models have a system that stops at regular intervals
There are many well designed retractable air hose reels that are designed to give you a reliable and quality operation. However, they are not designed the same where some are superior and quality than others. You can go ahead and choose an air hose reel from the guide above.