If you are a mechanic or you use heavy machinery, I believe you know that moving parts needs regular lubrication to perform to their best. People are used to the manual application which is time-consuming and tiring. Also, you should know that if grease is not applied perfectly, it causes premature wear, overheating, or significant damage.
Since the introduction of battery powered grease guns, mechanics can apply them to their equipment and machinery with more efficiency and care. Choosing a quality grease gun needs a lot of research and we will help you save time and hassle. Below is a guide with the best picks and a buyer’s guide.
List of Best Battery Powered Grease Guns in 2023 | Cordless Grease Gun
#10. Electric grease Gun
If you are looking for a battery powered grease gun, this model is the best to purchase as it is trusted by most mechanics. It has been designed to bring you convenience and simple carrying from one workplace to another.
This 20-volt cordless grease gun has an automatic exhaust function that prevents oil pipe blockage and the LED light helps you use it at night. You can get your job done with the combination of run-time and operating pressure given by a lithium-ion battery and energy-efficient motor.
The unique aspect of this gun is that it can be applied in automobiles, agricultural machinery, mechanical equipment, ships, and many more. Besides, each gun has passed factory tests, making the oil simple to use.
- Offers 10000PSI for more oil output
- Oil output per battery is 3200g and 130g oil output per minute
- It has balanced and fast grease injection pressure
- 20V cordless gun with automatic exhaust function
- Made of quality aluminum alloy
- The gun is multifunctional and reliable
- Stable exhaust ensures smooth grease injection
- It is flexible and convenient to carry anywhere
- No negative reviews at the moment.
#9. Ryobi P3410-P163 18-Volt Grease Gun
Here is a quality model from Ryobi that I highly recommend for those on a budget. It has a maximum pressure of 10, 000PSI and 7.5 oz/minute flow rate to guarantee maximum efficiency when doing your projects.
There is a LED work light that illuminates your workspace in low light conditions and it has a 30-inch flexible hose that helps you cover a large area. Never worry about power because it has lithium-ion battery cells that give the user up to 1.5x runtime compared to Ni-Cd counterparts.
Overall, when using this grease gun, you will never have to worry about your safety because it has a safety lock on/off mechanism. It has multiple features that will make your job easy and convenient.
- It features a 30” flexible hose
- Offers maximum pressure of 10000PSI and 7.5oz/minute flow rate
- LED work light illuminates your workspace
- Features lithium-ion battery cells for reliable power
- Equipped with a safety lock on/off mechanism
- The motor is powerful and energy-efficient
- Construction is sturdy and durable
- Intelliport Technology protects battery cells and conserves energy
- This grease gun does not come with a battery.
#8. ALEMITE 596-A1, Grease Gun
This is another battery powered grease gun built with a simple design that makes it convenient to use for beginner and professional mechanics. It will help you lubricate heavy equipment hassle-free.
The grease gun has two-speed electronic transmissions and 20V lithium-ion battery that offers reliable power to finish your application. It dispenses up to 24 cartridges of grease per battery at low speed and up to 23 grease cartridges at highest speed. Furthermore, provides pressure up to 10000psi at a flow rate of 6.0oz per minute at high flow rate setting.
ALEMITE grease gun has a fiber-reinforced housing that gives powerful wear and impact resistance to increase durability. Moreover, it has 3-way loading – cartridge, bulk, and suction, and it has patented airflow management system that optimizes the transmission and motor life.
- It has a 36-inch hose
- 3-way loading: cartridge, bulk, and suction
- Gives 10000psi pressure and a flow rate of 6.0oz per minute
- Comes with battery charger and a Li-ion battery
- Features a molded carrying case
- It has heavy-duty housing that is damage-resistant and durable
- It has high and low flow settings
- LED flashlight brings convenience in low light conditions
- It is multifunctional and convenient to use
- This grease gun is expensive.
#7. K Tool International Grease Gun
K Tool International brings you this heavy-duty grease gun that is specifically designed to give accuracy, reliability, and strength to tackle all your applications. It comes with everything you need to make grease application fast and convenient.
This cordless grease gun provides up to 3 oz./minute and it can dispense up to 6 grease cartridges with just a single charge. It supports 3-way loading: cartridge, suction fill, and bulk. You will find two 1.5Ah lithium-ion battery packs that provide reliable power to finish your job.
The good thing about this grease gun is the 30” hose that helps you reach hard-to-reach areas without any struggle. Moreover, it has a lightweight and flexible design that helps you carry it anywhere and store it without needing much space.
- It has a 30” hose and quick lock coupler
- Features two 1.5Ah Li-ion battery packs
- Delivers up to 3oz/minute and dispenses up to 6 grease cartridges
- Provides 3-way loading
- It has a heavy-duty construction
- Provides good accuracy and strength
- Ensures efficient and smooth dispensing
- It is flexible and comfortable to use
- The batteries don’t hold the charge for long.
#6. Workforce MEGA Power 12V Grease Gun
Meet this powerful grease gun powered by a 12V motor that helps the gun deliver up to 6, 000 psi and it does not require manual pumping. The hardened piston prevents deforming and gives a consistent performance.
It has a pressure relief valve that prevents the motor from overloading and the bleeder valve help improve priming. You will find a built-in grease whip holster that securely holds the 30” flexible grease hose when not in use.
What you will love about this grease gun is the die-cast head construction that offers ultimate durability even when used every day. Take advantage of the included rugged carrying case that helps you carry it anywhere and store it anywhere.
- It has a heavy-duty die-cast construction
- Has a maximum working pressure of 6000psi
- Features hardened piston that prevents deforming
- Equipped pressure relief valve and bleeder valve
- It has a 30” hose that gives you an extra reach
- Comes with a rugged case for carrying and storage
- This grease gun is convenient and easy to use
- It is a heavy-duty and durable gun
- Offers consistent grease application
- This gun applies grease a bit slowly.
#5. Makita XGC012 18V Adhesive Gun
Makita brings you this powerful, versatile, and lightweight grease gun that applies lubricant to your machinery without causing any damage. The grease gun has a compact and ergonomic design that makes it convenient to use anywhere.
Makita grease gun has a 5-speed dial with a variable speed trigger that enables you to control the flow rate according to your needs. Using this gun is easy because you can control the amount of pressure and flow rate for your project.
The unique thing customers love about this gun is the safety design, where it’s overload indicator prevents damage. Furthermore, the built-in LED will help illuminate your workspace effectively.
- It has a speed dial that optimizes flow rate from 0-66 IPM
- Features a built-in motor that provides 1100lbs dispensing force
- Built-in LED illuminates your workspace
- Rubberized soft grip increases handling comfort
- It has a 360-degrees rotatable cartridge holder suitable for 10oz and 300ml cartridges
- The grease gun is compact and ergonomic
- Battery has efficient power management
- It is safe and economical to use
- The speed range is too inconsistent.
#4. Lincoln 1884 20V Grease Gun
If you are a mechanic who needs to grease guns every day, Lincoln 1884 grease gun is the perfect favorite tool. The powerful 18V gun comes with everything you need to handle a wide range of applications.
Lincoln 20V grease gun has an upgraded design that reduces battery load and increases the grease output per charge. This gun boasts a clear LCD that indicates all the readings such as grease flow and battery level. Besides, the LCD has a flow meter that alerts when prime is lost to eliminate inaccurate readings to ensure proper lubrication of your equipment.
Overall, this grease gun has high torque that delivers grease up to 10000psi in high and low output settings. The 3-point base keeps the gun upright and stable to enhance simple handling even in tight spaces.
- Has two-speed digital grease output selector
- Features a 3-point base that keeps the gun upright
- It has an LCD that shows all the standard readings
- Boasts high torque that delivers 10000psi
- The LED light will help brighten your workspace
- Great quality and it is suitable for big machines
- It is powerful and durable
- The price is expensive for those on a budget.
#3. MILWAUKEE’S 2446-21XC Grease Gun
The MILWAUKEE’S M12 grease gun develops high pressure, great productivity, and gives more versatility on your jobsite than any other gun in the market. It has up to 25% more pressure and operation time than the competitors.
MILWAUKEE’s grease gun provides over 8000psi maximum pressure that is suitable for heavy-duty applications and it dispenses up to 7 grease cartridges per charge. The gun has a lightweight and ergonomic handle that offers great user comfort and there is a shoulder strap loop that adds convenience.
The perfect thing about this grease gun is the pre-set grease counter dial that ensures precise application. To enhance quick priming, you will find an air bleeder and the 48” flexible hose enable you to reach hard to reach areas.
- Powerful 12V motor gives 8000PSI max pressure
- Dispenses up to 7 cartridges per charge
- Features string handle balance and ergonomics
- It has integrated hose storage and LED fuel gauge
- Boasts M12XC battery pack that offers up to 30-minutes operation
- This grease gun is affordable
- Onboard LED light brings more convenience
- Lock/off trigger brings you more safety
- Despite the good price, the grease gun is not suited for large projects.
#2. Lumax LX-1175 12V Grease Gun
This is one of the compact, lightweight, balanced, and ergonomic grease gun you will find in the market and it has enough torque that makes it suitable for all applications. It uses a powerful 1500mAh battery pack that delivers up to 5 cartridges of grease.
The grease gun has a 30” ultra-flexible hose with spring guards that allow you to get an extra reach without struggling. It has a chrome-plated barrel that provides ultimate resistance from corrosion. Furthermore, it is a powerful gun that offers maximum operating pressure of 7000psi and it comes with a compact carrying case for convenient carrying and storage.
Lumax LX-1175 12V grease gun is built for different applications and it is designed to suit any user in mind both beginners and professionals. Other than that, the compact size makes it convenient to store without needing much space.
- It is equipped with a 30” flexible hose
- Features chrome-plated barrel for corrosion resistance
- Provides 7000psi and suitable for any application
- Uses a powerful 1500mAh battery pack
- Equipped with a built-in pressure relief valve
- Suitable for hard to reach grease fittings
- It is non-slip and comfortable to use
- The construction is lightweight and durable
- This gun is a bit noisy.
#1. DEWALT 20V Cordless Grease Gun
Are you looking for a lightweight grease gun you can carry with ease when doing your projects? DEWALT 20V grease gun is the best to purchase as it is lightweight and ergonomic to bring you convenience and ease of use.
It has a motor that provides up to 10000psi so that you can apply grease to heavy equipment. Using the variable speed trigger, you can control grease flow and the 42” flexible hose allows you to reach hard-to-reach grease fittings. Other than that, the bright LED light will help brighten the work area so that you can locate grease fittings in low light conditions.
What makes the gun a top choice for many is the flexible and lightweight construction that will help you do your job even in hard to reach areas. Furthermore, it has a no-mar foot design that will help you rest the tool on flat surfaces.
- Boasts an air bleeder valve for pump-priming
- Features a high volume battery
- 42-inch hose enhance flexibility
- It has a LED light for illumination in low light conditions
- Equipped with a pump filter screen that prevents the pump from clogging
- No-mar design foot design helps you rest it on flat surfaces
- Suitable grease gun for a wide range of applications
- It has durable battery life
- The gun is lightweight and easy to use
- It gets jammed with dried grease.
Things to Consider when Buying a Battery Powered Grease Gun
When buying a battery powered grease gun, it is important to consider some key considerations so that you can buy something of high quality. Below are the important features you should look at.
- Power: Grease guns in our guide are fitted with powerful and reliable battery packs that provide reliable power to remove all the fittings blocking the machine. Most machines are blocked by sticky grease, dirt, dust, concrete, etc. A good battery powered grease gun should have enough power to give pressure from 4500 to 8000psi. Lithium batteries are the most trusted because they are powerful, energy-efficient, and durable.
- Grease Flow: The other important consideration is how the gun applies the grease. consider the models with medium outflow as they are better than heavy flow. The models with heavy grease flow tend to damage the machine because of the strong pressure. Low outflow does not remove the block faster and you will spend more time. So, consider the medium grease flow.
- Flexibility: Unlike the electric grease guns, they limit your movement and can only be used when connected to electricity. Buy a grease gun that provides you with maximum flexibility so that you can cover a larger area. The guns in our guide have a long hose that provides you with maximum flexibility to reach large-to-reach areas. It should have a lightweight and compact design that will help you carry it anywhere and store it without needing much space.
Finally, we come to an end reviewing the best battery powered grease guns. Whether you need it for DIY or professional projects, we have a perfect model for you in our guide. Choose a device that is well-built, powerful, and should suit all your needs. Mostly, you should prioritize quality over budget so that you can be guaranteed a functional and durable grease gun.
Leave a Reply