A microwave is a must-have in many homes where everyone is always on-the-go. You can count on this essential kitchen appliance for reheating and even preparing quick meals. Just pop that frozen pizza, pastry, or other dishes in the microwave, and it should be ready to eat in seconds! This is why in our top 10 best buy microwaves in 2023 reviews, we have gathered excellent options for you to begin your search. Have a look at these items and learn more about how they can make your life easier and more productive each day!
Microwaves come in different sizes, capacities, and configurations. Today, we will focus on countertop microwaves, which are more portable and generally cheaper than built-in and over-the-range ones. So go ahead and check these out to learn what each of these has to offer.
List of Best Buy Microwaves in 2023
- List of Best Buy Microwaves in 2023
- #10. Kenmore Compact Countertop Microwave
- #9. GE Profile Countertop Microwave
- #8. Oster Digital Countertop Microwave
- #7. BLACK+DECKER Digital Countertop Microwave
- #6. Commercial Chef Countertop Microwave
- #5. COMFEE’ Countertop Microwave
- #4. Farberware Countertop Microwave
- #3. RCA Microwave Oven
- #2. Panasonic Countertop Microwave Oven
- #1. Toshiba Microwave Oven
- Guide to Buying a Microwave
No products found.
#10. Kenmore Compact Countertop Microwave
If you’re a busy mom who has no time to prepare intricate dishes, or you want to get your dinner ready in seconds upon reaching home, this Kenmore countertop microwave is the answer for you. It is suitable for a smaller family or for personal use as it has a small-ish capacity of 0.9 cubic feet. But even with that modest space, it is powerful for heating and defrosting your favorite meals such as pizza, frozen vegetables, dinner plates, and many more. Want it even fast? The express cooking lets you start whipping up your meals between 1 and 6 minutes!
What’s great about this microwave is that it delivers for every buck you pay. It may be a bit on the bulky and heavy side as its counterparts, but the 900-watt power for the same price range as compared with 700 watts that you get from other brands is a big benefit. This product is definitely worth every dollar.
- 900 watts power
- Has a capacity of 0.9 cu. ft
- Includes 12 presets for heating, a removable turntable, and 10-power programs
- Made of high-quality stainless steel
#9. GE Profile Countertop Microwave
By: GE APPLIANCES
When you need a microwave that is powerful yet runs quietly and will not disturb you while you’re watching TV, this GE Profile countertop microwave is a smart choice to consider. Although it only has 800 watts of power, it is efficient in reheating and defrosting your meals. You can even switch the turntable feature off, so you can simply put your larger cooking pan inside. This is great when you have a larger dish but would not want it to move about inside on a rotating turntable.
But one thing to note about this product is that it has cheap-like plastic parts. This makes the unit slightly lightweight – which can be a benefit for those who prefer a microwave that’s easy to lift (adds portability) and move around.
- 800 watts
- Sleek and streamlined design
- Roomy interior
- Some components are made of plastic
#8. Oster Digital Countertop Microwave
Packed with a decent power, this Oster digital microwave is something that will not disappoint budget-conscious shoppers. For the price you pay, you can get more of what you need – 10 power levels, 6 auto settings for cooking, and even a speed defrost to get your meal ready in no time. The controls are also user-friendly, so no need for you to fumble around trying to figure out which button to press.
Do you live in a motorhome or a small condo? Then this microwave will fit your space perfectly well. But at the same time, it might be too small for a large family who needs to heat and reheat bulky food containers in a jiffy. But if space is an issue, you can’t go wrong with this product.
- Has a capacity of 0.9 cubic foot
- 6 Cooking presets and speed defrost
- LED digital clear display
- Signal to indicate when cooking is complete
#7. BLACK+DECKER Digital Countertop Microwave
Are you worried your kids will turn the microwave by accident? Then you don’t just need any microwaves… You need one with a special safety feature to prevent this concern from happening. This is what we like about the Black + Decker microwave. Aside from having all the cool features such as the pre-programmed cooking buttons and power settings, it has a child safety lock that prevents your curious little one from playing with this kitchen appliance. It also makes things easier for users with its push-button system for the door release and the different settings it comes with.
There is no doubt that this microwave is built like a tank but compact enough for cramped countertop space. The kitchen timer and oven do not seem to work in harmony, though, since it’s either the oven will set or the timer will – but not both at the same time. It is not a deal-breaker, however, so it should be the least of your concerns.
- Has safety features
- 700 watts
- Smaller capacity at 0.7 cubic foot
- Some minor glitches with the timer
#6. Commercial Chef Countertop Microwave
By: Commercial Chef
No time to cook meals for your family? Let this Commercial Chef microwave do the cooking for you. It is a small and portable microwave that is a true workhorse in the kitchen. You can count on it to cook and reheat your frozen dinner, baked potato, popcorn, and pizza in a snap. With 700 watts of power, it takes up a minimal carbon footprint without compromising its performance.
This is without a doubt a small, yet powerful microwave. Speaking of small… It is pretty light. So if you don’t want to run into issues with it sliding a bit off the countertop each time you open the door, it would help to put something heavy on the top such as your basket of fruits to add some weight to it.
- Has 10 power levels for cooking and 6 quick-cook programs
- Superb power but compact in design
- LED display with a digital clock
- Speed defrost and quick-cook options
#5. COMFEE’ Countertop Microwave
For every eco-conscious household, this countertop microwave is a great choice to consider. We think the small but decent capacity of 0.7 cubic feet is quite reasonable, plus it has loads of other features such as the child safety lock, 30-second cooking function, and defrost settings (by time and by weight). To activate the energy-saving function, just switch the ECO mode on, and this reduces the standby power by 50%. Smart and practical!
When you live in a smaller space without a roomy countertop, this microwave is absolutely perfect. But a full dinner plate may not fit, so this can be a concern for some users.
- Stainless steel stylish finish
- 0.7 cubic foot
- 700 watts
- One-touch power buttons and eco mode function
#4. Farberware Countertop Microwave
If you want a larger and more spacious countertop microwave oven for your home, then this product from Faberware is a suitable choice to consider. It comes with an interior capacity of 1.1 cubic feet, so you can fit a good amount of dishes inside it. Tired of the guesswork? This microwave makes it easier for you by providing you 6 different options for the cooking program. Finally, heating up your pizza, dinner plate, and other meals has never been this easy for you!
When it comes to performance, you will not be disappointed with what this microwave oven can do. It is a tad loud when it operates but it sure does not break the deal because of what it does and how fast it does its job.
- 1.1 cubic foot capacity
- Stainless steel and durable build
- 6 cooking settings
- 1000 watts of power
#3. RCA Microwave Oven
If you don’t want a very small or very large microwave, then this product is an excellent in-between choice for you. The interior is still roomy enough without occupying a massive space on the countertop. You can even set the cooking programs up quickly, making it more hassle-free for you to reheat your pizza, baked potatoes, or to cook your popcorn in seconds. And did we mention the door is so convenient to close and open? Finally, no more punching with the knuckles for you!
Overall, this microwave oven got everything you need. It sure would have been better with the 30-second-add button but it’s not a big deal that this one lacks that functionality. It still serves its purpose quite well.
- The capacity of 0.7 cubic foot
- Minute control settings in a vertical system
- 6 cooking menus and 10 power buttons
- Easy-to-open door
#2. Panasonic Countertop Microwave Oven
Why settle for a small microwave oven when you can level up and get a bigger, more spacious one for your large household? The Panasonic microwave is designed for a big family like yours, and it can heat any food of your choice such as pizza, soup, gravy, dinner plate, and so much more. Other microwaves are limited to only 12 preset functions but this one has 14, giving you more options. There are also helpful features that make it easy for you to heat your meals such as the delay start and the quick-minute setting.
This is hands down a great microwave oven that’s powerful, spacious, and performs well. But just an FYI – the stainless steel is shiny and adds a chic feel to the oven, yet it does make those fingerprints more visible. Definitely not a big issue, though, since performance-wise, it makes your life much easier.
- Very spacious 2.2 cubic feet interior
- 1250 watts
- Inverter technology built-in
- The material tends to make fingerprints quite visible
#1. Toshiba Microwave Oven
Are you a family of 5, 6, and up? Well, a microwave oven with a capacity of under 1 cubic foot is pretty small unless you want to reheat a couple of batches of meals at a time. Efficiency-wise, this practice ends up being more wasteful than getting a larger microwave that can handle a large dish in one go. This is why we recommend this microwave oven by Toshiba if you need more interior space yet without the massive power consumption. At 1100 watts, that is a decent amount of power for the large space you’ve got in the unit’s interior. It can heat and defrost your pizza, soup, gravy, and so much more. It also gives you the option to mute the unit’s buzzer sound for your peace of mind!
For the most part, this microwave oven gets things done. The finish is chic and elegant without making the fingerprints visible. It works, and you can expect a great value for the price you pay.
- 1.2 cubic foot
- 1100 watts
- Smart sensor and ECO mode
- A bit pricey
Guide to Buying a Microwave
Now we’ve come to the most interesting part – what should you look for in a microwave? So many brands and models to choose, and yet, you only want the perfect unit for you. What are the features that you need to consider before you buy? Here they are.
1. Space: As you might have noticed after checking our reviewed items, microwaves come in different sizes. They vary in terms of the total capacity they offer, and some can go from 0.7 cubic feet to as large as over 2 cubic feet. For a small family, 0.7 cubic feet should suffice. But if you have more than 5 people in the house, and you need to be serving meals for them all, go for a larger oven to avoid several batches of food to reheat.
2. Power: The lower the number, the less powerful a microwave is. We recommend one that is about 1,000 watts or maybe 900 watts for quick cooking. But at the same time, the higher the wattage a unit has, the more it racks up electricity bills. So go for the sweet spot that meets your needs and budget.
3. Features: Sure, it’s just a microwave and it does the usual job of heating, reheating and defrosting. Oh, and some minor cooking such as cooking your popcorn. But you also want some add-on features that make a microwave even more functions such as a child safety lock, readable display, and a removable turntable. If you can keep the turntable stationary, which is perfect for reheating a dish that’s too wide for your microwave, this is even better.
So there you have our top 10 best buy microwaves in 2023 reviews. We hope we were able to help you make the right decision on what to buy after learning more about the best options you’ve got and the must-have features you need to consider in your purchase.